project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Is post-XVI gameplay supposed to be implemented?  (Read 3638 times)

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Is post-XVI gameplay supposed to be implemented?
« on: August 10, 2014, 01:40:09 pm »
While trying to avoid spoilers, I'm curious how long the gameplay is supposed to be implemented in the current 2.6 dev?
When the XVI became available for research, its map icon on the geoscape popped up, with no other function but to turn the whole map completely green. After the research, however, that button does absolutely nothing at all.

Did I reach the end of the gameplay in the current version, or will something else happen if I play long enough? Can the game be finished or won in its current state? I posted this here on the off chance that XVI is supposed to be implemented and it just didn't work for me because of a bug.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Is post-XVI gameplay supposed to be implemented?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 03:50:49 pm »
turn the whole map completely green

^ This bug has been fixed recently it should show the same after the research. The XVI storyline is not yet finished.

-geever

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »
The game can be won. What´s the state of your game?

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:14:15 pm »
The game can be won. What´s the state of your game?

Researched all ufos up to Corrupter, met all alien races, researched census quite a while ago but the map is all green. I suppose I have to wait until an even larger, new type of ufo, or an alien base shows up. When 2.5 was still in Dev, I played it until this point, and played months afterwards with nothing new happening until a bug made all ufos untargetable.

Now that it's fixed, I'll play longer and try to cover even more area with radar until something new pops up.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:44 am »
Researched all ufos up to Corrupter, met all alien races, researched census quite a while ago but the map is all green. I suppose I have to wait until an even larger, new type of ufo, or an alien base shows up. When 2.5 was still in Dev, I played it until this point, and played months afterwards with nothing new happening until a bug made all ufos untargetable.

Now that it's fixed, I'll play longer and try to cover even more area with radar until something new pops up.

At this point, catching a Bomber UFO is crucial. We had some problems with this not showing up in the past. Duke was working on this, but not sure about whether this is already solved or not. Would you mind sharing the save?

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 04:44:00 pm »
At this point, catching a Bomber UFO is crucial. We had some problems with this not showing up in the past. Duke was working on this, but not sure about whether this is already solved or not. Would you mind sharing the save?

Thank you for the info. I'll play a couple of in-game months, keeping an eye for the bomber. If it doesn't show up, I'll post a save.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »
I think we could not reproduce the issue where bombers did not show up - seemed to be bad luck - and noone is actually working on any workarounds.

-geever