project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some general remarks/questions & bugs  (Read 9319 times)

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Some general remarks/questions & bugs
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 12:14:37 pm »
Yep I used exactly the same method as you although I should of said I can compile both the game.cbp , ufo.cbp and the ufo2map.cbp correctly (and all work). Just tried in XP compatability and no different. Anyway here is the report file

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
  • Maintenance guy for UFO:AI 3D engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »
Ah, that looks familiar. Recently it was changed to use newer version of glib, and that did happen. Will try to remember how I've fixed that.

Also, a hint: do not open .cbp files in C::B, use the ufo.workspace instead. That is what it is for.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
Ah ok thanks for the tip. Look forward to the solution I'm currently using a very old Radiant that doesnt recognise camera entities so be nice to compile the newest version

Offline Internecivus

• Rookie
  • Sometimes I Code
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »
5) Here's a small bug (*) that doesn't really affect the game but should be pretty basic: When you hire a soldier that is NOT the next one on the list (let's say you skip one of the hire-able soldiers), and then go into the Equip Soldiers screen and rename the newly hired soldier, press enter to confirm, the soldier will vanish from the list! In fact all soldiers that are separated by a "gap" in the employees screen list will disappear from the list in the Equipment screen. When you leave the equipment screen then go back in, the soldiers will be backed, properly renamed and all.

Fixed in master and 2.5 branch, thanks for reporting.

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 05:41:14 pm »
Look forward to the solution I'm currently using a very old Radiant that doesnt recognise camera entities so be nice to compile the newest version

I can provide working compiled binary for 32-bit Windows if that is what you are asking for.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 06:28:06 pm »
Thanks sandro its not urgent at the moment was thinking more of the glib fix/workround so I (and others) could compile my own but if you have a working copy then that would be good too

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »
There are 2 possible solutions:

A) Revert the offending commit in local branch and compile the old version (dangerous! You can break your local repo by such tricks)
B) Update libraries to glib 2 (should be safe)

Technically, I am planning to go route B, but because of my lazyness, A is the current solution for me.

Will try to recompile the latest and attach it, if Win32 binary is ok.