project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Laser weapons unbuildable  (Read 3901 times)

Offline dom700

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Laser weapons unbuildable
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:06:06 am »
Hello,

first sorry for posting this here, the other forums just seemed less appropriate.

I have two installations of ufo-ai: one is the latest 2.5 stable, the other is the 2.6 from two days ago (or something like that). SInce I cannot build laser weapons in either, I am assuming it is a user error (:P). I have researched the necessary tech (imho) and I can build the laser cannon for planes and bases just fine, but the weapons for the squad do not appear in any list.

(Side note: the german translation in the 2.5 also doesn't seem to work properly, some e-mails are still in english, even though the .po file appears to be fine (related problem)(in my 2.6 installation I haven't tried the german translation yet))

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Laser weapons unbuildable
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »
You do not have them researched.

The initial laser research only unlocks aerial laser cannon and base defense laser. Infantry weapons are available for research later when you get first suit of alien armor.

Offline dom700

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Laser weapons unbuildable
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:32 pm »
Thank you, I imagined as much. I can see my mistake right now, I didn't think each of the guns had a research of their own and misinterpreted the requirement therefore.