project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ufo yards don't work? 2.5  (Read 2671 times)

Offline frumius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
ufo yards don't work? 2.5
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:32:05 am »
My ufo yard doesn't seem to transfer anything to the base.  My production is waiting for the ufo to disassemble but it never arrives. The two transfer buttons on the yard screen don't do anything. Why are there two? I have waited a month and the yard is nearly full. The yard is only a very short distance from the base. I haven't seen anything about this on the forums. Can't really progress without alien material.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: ufo yards don't work? 2.5
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:13 am »
Hm. I finished 2.5 and never had such problem. The only thing I can think of is that you haven't researched everything you need to disassemble the UFO. IIRC you need Alien Origins, then when you get the UFO you should get the research project UFO Theory, this unlocks the research of the particular UFO type you have in yard, and only after researching that you can start disassembling UFOs of that type.

Offline frumius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:41:53 am »
That must be it. I haven't quite finished researching scout yet and that is what is in the yard. Thank you. Any idea why there are two transfer buttons and which one do I use?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:07:58 pm »
You mean there's a general transfer tab and then there's the UFO-specific transfer button ? The former leads to the ladder one, should be removed. And they do the same of course.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »
I thought people might miss the tab and as Destroy action is there as a button it is best to add Transfer action as a button as well.

Note that you don't need to (and can't) transfer the stored ufos into bases. The engineers will go to the ufoyard and disassemble the ufo there. That's why the distance between the ufoyard and the base counts into the disassembly time. Just set up a disassembly in the production window. The transfer function in the ufoyards menu is between ufoyards to be able to move ufos to a yard that is closer to the disassembly base.

I hope I could help.

-geever