project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: is there a way to just kill ONE living alien?  (Read 4593 times)

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
is there a way to just kill ONE living alien?
« on: September 24, 2013, 01:01:47 pm »
what happend:
before a mission i had nine living aliens, i returned with two others, one by purpose, one by accident

it offered me a chance to transfer the aliens, but i only had one quarantine station. it didnt let me move on either, just offered me to "close" or to "go to base", every time i closed and started again, the same message popped up again.

in the end i had to kill a stack of aliens, in my case i chose the ortnoks, because it were only two of them.

SO.... Question:
was there a better way or should that be fixed instead?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way to just kill ONE living alien?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:58:57 pm »
in the end i had to kill a stack of aliens, in my case i chose the ortnoks, because it were only two of them.

SO.... Question:
was there a better way or should that be fixed instead?

Clicking on the alien face icon (on the panel of that alien race) kills one AFAIR. Maybe the UI need to clarify it a bit better.

-geever

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »
afaik it kills not one but that kind of aliens, but cant test atm, save got corrupted.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:29 pm »
I clearly remember the last time I had a similar* problem I was able to kill just one alien just as geever said, yes the UI could be clearer, but it did work for me

*My case was a little different: two captured aliens arrived at my second base, which had no containment, so I transferred them to my first base, which had just enough space for them, later while the transfer was still ongoing a new captured alien arrived a the first base, no problem so far, but when I tried to transfer antimatter from my third base to my first one, I couldn't start the transfer because the destination base containment was 'overloaded' by the ongoing transfer, solution: kill one alien in the containment to make space for the extra one being transfered

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »
thanks for the answers anyway