project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: constantly spawning enemies  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Emcha

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
constantly spawning enemies
« on: July 04, 2014, 02:23:58 am »
i don't know if this is a new game mode or something, but i've had three missions in a row now where my dudes end up slaying more than twelve aliens. and this is on a new game.

the first one was ridiculous, I killed 19 aliens and more kept spawning right next to my guys who were cornered up and had 360 degree security. then the mission ended, which was a mixed blessing since my snipers had racked up huge kills, but both ended up dying from mele aliens appearing behind them from a dead-end that I had already cleared three times before.

i don't know if this is supposed to happen like a kobaiashi maru scenario, or if this is a bug.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: constantly spawning enemies
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 03:56:44 am »
This should not happen in the campaign, there is an option for this for the skirmish mode (and it seems it could use a check that aliens do not spawn right next to the player if possible) but as I said this should not happen in the campaign... Could you attach a log of one these missions?

Edit: Where to find the logs
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:05:10 am by DarkRain »

Offline Emcha

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:16 am »
This should not happen in the campaign, there is an option for this for the skirmish mode (and it seems it could use a check that aliens do not spawn right next to the player if possible) but as I said this should not happen in the campaign... Could you attach a log of one these missions?

Edit: Where to find the logs

I'll do that next time it happens.

how do i get that log?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 04:53:44 pm »
how do i get that log?

The game writes it automagically.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:43:33 pm »
Guess i should have been more specific...ufoconsole.log is the file we are looking for

Offline Emcha

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 09:46:45 am »
The game writes it automagically.

that much I knew already, my question was more about where to look for it.

Guess i should have been more specific...ufoconsole.log is the file we are looking for

with that I found what i was looking for, I'll be sure to post it next time i have this issue.