project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Allow bases without dropship hangars to build and transfer dropships?  (Read 8573 times)

Offline Flying Steel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Allow bases without dropship hangars to build and transfer dropships?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:57 am »
Abusing the save system is not the way to deal with a feature, it's just what cheaters do.
Noordung, thanks for the bugreport, I'm thinking about how to fix that exploit...

-geever
Dean of User Experience Studies, Darth Vader Imperial Software Academy

While you are at it, think of a fix for the "corrupt unbuildable tiles appear randomly and inexplicably in new bases" bug.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 10:59:41 am »
While you are at it, think of a fix for the "corrupt unbuildable tiles appear randomly and inexplicably in new bases" bug.

It is not a bug -> issue closed.

Am I fast? :)

-geever

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »
These unbuildable squares can be used for base defense missions. They prevent aliens from moving into the buildings on their other sides.
That's the only useful thing about them.

Offline Flying Steel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 05:11:31 pm »
Even though it was not trying to, this analysis makes a good case for removing unbuildables to free up more space:

http://ufoai.org/wiki/Proposals/Larger_Bases

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 06:47:14 pm »
nice suggestion. obvious radar also need to be on top level. ;D

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 04:12:20 am »
Well... i don´t belive that all bases must be larger ones. Normally, i build my main base as a research complex and ground forces base. A second one, very few kilometers away, is the workshop base. I build 5 workshops, 3 living quarters and the rest of the installations except defenses and radar (no radar needed anyway, because the base is "sticked" to the main one. An UFO storage is near too.

Two more bases as Air Bases; one in Venezuela (i can cover North and South America whit Saracens) and China (covering Australia, Pacific, north Russia, India...). The rest are radar bases, with only radar, command center, energy plant.

The game is very flexible, so, is matter of think about the best solution for a game or how do you want to play. For example, you can build a main base only with soldiers, another one with research/workshops, or maybe a little one with the basics plus storage, living quarters and labs...

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:51 am »
there could be new type of "base" - air base. or hangar. baisicly just hangar for one interceptor. like sam site or radar... besides i think we should also get advanced radars once ufo radar is researched.

Offline Flying Steel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »
Well... i don´t believe that all bases must be larger ones.

I wasn't actually suggesting that bases should enlarged. But the arguments that proposal made for doubling the size of bases, also make a good case for removing unbuildables (to free up useable space).

In other words, if bases are already too space-constrained as that proposal argued, then unbuildables are just adding to the problem.