project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reaction fire bugs (was: reaction fire triggers though should not)  (Read 3770 times)

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I had this situation the third time now or so.
Right at the start on my mission, the very first time units I use at all I consume for throwing a smoke grenade, which I did carry in hands already. That's 8 time units, but it triggers reaction fire from a plasmablaster ball which is 8 as well. In the forums I've read that the spent time units need to be strictly greater than the time units of the selected reaction fire mode. Thus something is wrong here. (Perhaps forum is wrong and it needs to be greater or equal though ?)

I think that it's bugged in quite some more ways btw - I can see "245 time units needed" and stuff. There seem to be reasons it triggers much less than it should, which means death, because the exact same line in the other direction the AI unit can shoot even though it needs more time units than the reaction fire, but my unit didn't. And so on.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:47:06 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction fire triggers though should not
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:12:31 pm »
2.6 ?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »
2.5@58580c9b55a69ba65fad565c7a7bd29617736f6c
I thought it's clear as I posted this in the 2.5 section.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 12:32:39 am »
oc. My bad.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 02:44:23 am »
Another bug seems to be when the plasma blade is used for reaction fire. The alien is standing right besides me and I should be able to reach it and to see it since I'm looking diagonally. It's using plasma gun snap shot (8 TU) but my reaction fire doesn't trigger previously (6 TU). Thus I get shot and are likely dead. (For some reason it used snap shot only though, so not this time.)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:18:44 am »
could you please make a bug ticket for the plasmablade bug?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »
Another bug seems to be when the plasma blade is used for reaction fire. The alien is standing right besides me and I should be able to reach it and to see it since I'm looking diagonally. It's using plasma gun snap shot (8 TU) but my reaction fire doesn't trigger previously (6 TU). Thus I get shot and are likely dead. (For some reason it used snap shot only though, so not this time.)

Did the alien move next to you before? Maybe it triggered the reaction fire when it was still out of range?

The Ball mode of the Plasma Blaster causes splash damage. Thus the alien will not use it when standing near you.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »
The Ball mode of the Plasma Blaster causes splash damage. Thus the alien will not use it when standing near you.
Not relevant. None of the units involved in the depicted situation was wielding that weapon.
And I know about this; I choose the ball mode for plasma blaster reaction fire only if the unit isn't standing in smoke since I expect it to not fire in this case. I mean, it would still be better to fire, get damaged, kill and thus stay alive, instead of not fire, stay unwounded and get killed. The decision is wrong, but at least logical. If there's a chance to harm civilians, allies or self, don't fire, that's how I would implement it in the first place.

Did the alien move next to you before?
Yes. And IIRC it was without smoke this time.
Maybe it triggered the reaction fire when it was still out of range?
I don't understand. In this case it shouldn't trigger, but instead "save" the attack for when the range condition matches, should it ?