project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Big small problem  (Read 2655 times)

Offline LordSkaven

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Big small problem
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:54:48 pm »
Hey guys,
I never played the orginal xcom. and I play on very easy because I like to play strategy games as a relaxer

In 2.4 I could easily win battles without losing any soldiers,but now in 2.5 I lost not 10 minutes ago 13 soldiers in 2 different battles.

maybe it is the new AI if it is it may need a bit of tweaking
or maybe something went wrong with the difficulty setting.

other than that liking 2.5,levels,new models,weight system.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Big small problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:09:39 am »
For 2.5, the whole campaign got a balancing overhault, because not only

In 2.4 I could easily win battles without losing any soldiers ...

you could get away with winning the campaign by using only a dozen of super-heros. That just didn´t feel right to us. In 2.5 battles you should expect to loose soldiers. On the other hand, your soldiers improve much faster than in 2.4 and you will have to fight less missions. Overall, counting in the weight and wounds system, imo the battlescape experience is better than ever. Right now, most tactics heavily rely on the use of smoke grenades. Lots of smoke grenades. This is a problem that needs to be solved in the future.

Offline LordSkaven

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »
I did read that in the notes but just I feel that some of the battles I lose feel cheap like 5 aliens just standing in a row with blasters and plasma rifles when I havent even been able to research laser rifles or better armor. in one game I was in june and suddenly I was fighting 7 aliens all had either rifles or blasters(3 skeevar and 4 taman) and they had a perfect line up and all could reaction fire on my whole squad and the rifles could take out even my armored soldiers with two hits. at that point I havent been able to even research laser weapons or even better armor so I lost 8 guys there next mission I lost 5 and the last mission before I went to sleep I lost another 8

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »
If you encounter such a situation again, feel free to attach a screenshot and the quicksave. This gives us the chance to check the situation. E.g. there are still a lot of maps that need to be improved.