project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Storage  (Read 3625 times)

Offline lfloden

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Storage
« on: December 01, 2006, 02:19:33 am »
Is the storage going to be fixed?

What I am talking about is when you go to equip your guys and only 5 of the kevlar jackets are on the dropship. Basically half your equipment currently goes to the dropship, the other half goes to the intercepter. The stuff with the intercepter basically is a waste of money since you can't do anything with it. Isn't that was the storage room is for? Everything should be available from it. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

ubequitz

Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 05:25:46 am »
The current storage system is very confusing. Currently items you have already given to soldiers on your dropship will appear as available when equipping soldiers for the interceptor! So there is no wastage but it is possible to accidently give two soldiers the same piece of equipment... whoever got it last will take it at the expense of the other (assuming you have no spare items of the same type).

This is something I'm keen to fix (it will probablyl be addressed when we start coding the new soldier equip menu).

Offline pete.lindsey@hotmail.com

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Storage
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 04:57:10 pm »
if it's on the block for soon to be recoded, it would be nice if it cleaned up better... that is when you drop something into the storage that it places it automatically in the least wasteful space.... ( I know that this would have low priority but just keep it in mind when you guys are doing it)

Nevyn

Storage
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:11:28 am »
On this, I mentioned in bugs etc...., Be easier if the equiping soldiers screen was seperated completly from the aircraft screen
So that the soldiers in the base are all equipped from the base storage, then they board the ship.

Gamer

Storage
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 03:17:58 am »
"Be easier if the equiping soldiers screen was seperated completly from the aircraft screen
So that the soldiers in the base are all equipped from the base storage, then they board the ship."

I heartily agree.  This would allow you to have your soldiers properly equipped no matter the situation.

Kzwix

Storage
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:43:12 pm »
I agree too. And I guess that, if all personnel (including scientists, engineers, and medics) have statistics, then all can get involved in, say, an alien assault on a base ?  So I think we should also be able to "reserve" them some equipment (which they would run to in case of an attack), in order to have them be something else than useless drags under such circumstances...