project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: about aircrafts  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
about aircrafts
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:34 am »
now all aircrafts have radar range 10 and 2 electronics. maybe that could be changed so aircrafts could have more or less radar range and 1-3 electronics. also adding more electronics like better radar, afterburners for higher speeds. but limiting aircrafts to only have one of each object.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: about aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:24:00 am »
now all aircrafts have radar range 10 and 2 electronics. maybe that could be changed so aircrafts could have more or less radar range and 1-3 electronics. also adding more electronics like better radar, afterburners for higher speeds. but limiting aircrafts to only have one of each object.

You can change the radar range and "hardpoints" of the aircraft. In fact, i do it with my game, so, it could be more realistic. I also change the range of radar towers, missiles and base defense lasers.

I belive afterburner is a very micromanagement thing, but it could be nice if the ufos change their speed (and phalanx aircraft too).

Offline TBeholder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: about aircrafts
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:18:07 am »
So... if aircraft had a weaker radar, but one more device slot and a better radar as an optional device (or better off, several)?
Of course, radars shouldn't just stack.
Then you could configure interceptors either armed with ECM and armor for tough stuff or relatively lightly armed, but with extra fuel and enhanced radar to chase after faster elusive UFOs.
Or, for that matter, make a troop compartment into module (allow "big" slots or grid-based like in Apocalypse), so you could have a transport plane configured as a dropship or give it heavy radar module, armor and a self-defence weapon and use as AWACS.