project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: map glitches  (Read 4278 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
map glitches
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:25:56 pm »
In old mine map, at ground level square on the planks in front of soldier is impassable for no apparent reason, the square by the barrels (where the cursor is) also looks like it should be passable, but is not

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: map glitches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:40:27 am »
In the first picture, there is nothing for an actor to stand upon at that square in level 5. Right now Aliens often use this spot to jump down into the mine. Maybe we should place a stair there.

In second picture, according to the map data there should be no problem. In your pic you are looking from level 3, while the ground is at level 2. Maybe this is causing the problem?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:57:29 am »
Ah. I didn't think to try and go through into the mine from there, only noticed that I was not able to walk to that square. It isn't visually obvious whether a soldier could go through there, a stair would make it clearer.

I'll try the barrels again to make sure, but during that mission I couldn't get my soldier to walk there - fine to adjacent squares, but not to that one.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »
In second picture, according to the map data there should be no problem. In your pic you are looking from level 3, while the ground is at level 2. Maybe this is causing the problem?
Barrels are in fact on level 3, and there is nothing visible preventing an actor from walking into indicated square, but it is not possible to do so

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:48:46 pm »
in  log cabin map, there's an opening (by the cursor box) that looks like I should be able to pass through but can't

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »
Barrels are in fact on level 3, and there is nothing visible preventing an actor from walking into indicated square, but it is not possible to do so

Weird. I will do some investigation.

in  log cabin map, there's an opening (by the cursor box) that looks like I should be able to pass through but can't

If memory serves me well you can only pass there if crouched.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:31 pm »
If memory serves me well you can only pass there if crouched.
Ah, didn't think of that. I did notice a similar crouched-only path in another map though, has this feature existed a long time already or is it new?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:10:04 am »
Ah, didn't think of that. I did notice a similar crouched-only path in another map though, has this feature existed a long time already or is it new?

The feature is not new, just not used very often.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:27:57 am »

I was obviously looking at the wrong place.

Should be fixed now - thanks for reporting.