project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question for modding  (Read 21399 times)

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Question for modding
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 03:36:55 am »
There is an official Debian release being developed by apo (a Debian Games Dev). You can get the testing packages here: ftp://46.182.19.209/ufoai/

The thread can be found here: http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,7862.0.html

I need to download all the files? If i download them, how can i install them?

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 06:41:39 am »
I need to download all the files? If i download them, how can i install them?
You don't need to download all of them, some packages (uforadient, ufoai-server, ufoai-music, ufoai-dbg, ufoai-tools) are optional.

The base minimum to download are:
ufoai (i386 or amd64), ufoai-common, ufoai-maps, ufoai-misc, ufoai-sound and ufoai-textures

To install them use dpkg:
sudo dpkg -i ufoai*.deb

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 07:28:56 pm »
Thanks.

I do a wrong thing. I copied all these files on the final directory. The game doesn't works. I uninstalled it, but now when i try to reinstall the 2.4, an error occurs; the package is not recognized as a debian package.

I'm looking for a solution, so, when i found it, i will try to do the installation again.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 01:03:13 am »
You don't need to download all of them, some packages (uforadient, ufoai-server, ufoai-music, ufoai-dbg, ufoai-tools) are optional.

The base minimum to download are:
ufoai (i386 or amd64), ufoai-common, ufoai-maps, ufoai-misc, ufoai-sound and ufoai-textures

To install them use dpkg:
sudo dpkg -i ufoai*.deb

Hi. I solved my linux problem. I'm now installing 2.4 on debian-based distro. i want to install 2.5, so i need to download:

ufoai-misc_2.5~git20131101-1_all.deb

ufoai-sound_2.5~git20131101-1_all.deb

ufoai-maps_2.5~git20131101-1_all.deb

ufoai-textures_2.5~git20131101-1_all.deb

ufoai-common_2.5~git20131101-1_all.deb

But, i when you said "ufoai (i386 or amd64)", you refers to: ufoai_2.5~git20131101-1_amd64.deb, or i need the 2.4 base to upgrade?

source of files: ftp://46.182.19.209/ufoai/

http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,7862.0.html

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 05:01:40 am »
But, i when you said "ufoai (i386 or amd64)", you refers to: ufoai_2.5~git20131101-1_amd64.deb, or i need the 2.4 base to upgrade?
2.5 is a completely separate installation, there is no upgrade. I do not know if the 2 versions packages will interfere with each other so I would suggest only installing 2.5 for now, and once that is working, then consider 2.4 if you still want to play it.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 06:18:13 am »
2.5 is a completely separate installation, there is no upgrade. I do not know if the 2 versions packages will interfere with each other so I would suggest only installing 2.5 for now, and once that is working, then consider 2.4 if you still want to play it.

So, i must install this file also?

ufoai_2.5~git20131101-1_amd64.deb

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »
ufoai_2.5~git20131101-1_amd64.deb
If you are on a 64bit OS then yes. Otherwise you need the i386 file, but I expect you are on a 64bit system.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 06:17:34 pm »
If you are on a 64bit OS then yes. Otherwise you need the i386 file, but I expect you are on a 64bit system.

Yeah i'm on 64 bits, but it' doesn't works. No matter, i will continue on 2.4 while 2.5 launch officialy.

I'm modding the files now and i want to change de Stilleto as initial figther on base for the Sarracen. How can i change this?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:23 am »
I'm modding the files now and i want to change de Stilleto as initial figther on base for the Sarracen. How can i change this?

Mmmm, that part is hardcoded IIRC. Sorry.

-geever

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 02:02:00 am »
Mmmm, that part is hardcoded IIRC. Sorry.

-geever

It's possible to use the models of 2.5 on 2.4? what i must change to do it?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
It's possible to use the models of 2.5 on 2.4? what i must change to do it?

We didn't change model formats so should be possible. Check the ufo scripts, models are usually scripted.

-geever

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 03:49:25 am »
Hi. I want to change a tech description. I will do a saracen dropship. I know how to do a research description but i want translate it. Where are the translated files?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 10:32:33 pm »
Hi. I want to change a tech description. I will do a saracen dropship. I know how to do a research description but i want translate it. Where are the translated files?

The *msgid:inter_saracen_txt like entries are defined in base/ufos/msgid/*.ufo files which are the source files for long text.

To translate we use the gettext lib, and the language files are in src/po/ (*.po). Use poedit tool for translating!

To update the po files from the program source code (check for new/changed translatable entries) we have a make target: make update-po. It works well if you have the Git sourcecode checked out (on source package or just the installed version probably it won't do good job).

-geever

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »
The *msgid:inter_saracen_txt like entries are defined in base/ufos/msgid/*.ufo files which are the source files for long text.

To translate we use the gettext lib, and the language files are in src/po/ (*.po). Use poedit tool for translating!

To update the po files from the program source code (check for new/changed translatable entries) we have a make target: make update-po. It works well if you have the Git sourcecode checked ouI t (on source package or just the installed version probably it won't do good job).

-geever

Thanks. If i do it, what about the maps with the Firebird? I mean, if i drop my soldiers using the Saracen-D (my mod  ;D), the map will show the firebird? or it will crash? I don´twant to do the saracen design on the map.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
Thanks. If i do it, what about the maps with the Firebird? I mean, if i drop my soldiers using the Saracen-D (my mod  ;D), the map will show the firebird? or it will crash? I don´twant to do the saracen design on the map.

In 2.5 the map assembler will use the id of the aircraft for the "dropship tile" ( aircraft <id> { <data...> } ). For crashed aircraft the code has a few constants (none for saracen)

-geever