project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: General questions.  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Hell-Fire

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
General questions.
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »
I've been enjoying the game 2.4ver and remembering my X-com playing days.  One thing though, how come no aliens ever die when their ship crashes?  No offense, but if its shot down, there is a general chance of them being injured or dead when it crashes.

Also I know you stated before about not being able to include destroyable content, like walls, fences and stuff, like they have in the X-com games.  But how about having things explode if you hit them, like gas pumps at the gas station or if you hit the power source in the alien ship.

I've also noticed, sometimes when there is air combat, some battles goes very smoothing, then other times there are long lags, the game seems to almost want to stall during the air combat.  Would be also nice if you could include choices on how the air combat is to be done, aggressive, cautiously, etc.

There are also times I noticed that the aliens tend to target one person, it could be the furthest one away or in a midst of a group, but all seem to concentrate on that one soldier.  Other times, I see aliens getting out 4 to 6 snap shots in one combat turn. 

Some of my more experience soldiers, who should have a really sharp reaction times, always seems to shoot after they target an alien and prepare to shoot.  I've had several soldier, during my turn, start to shoot at a target and then have that target get in the first shots.  Is there any proper balance with reaction times and alien to soldier initiative?

Thank you for all your hard work on this game.  I've been trying it out since 2.1 ver came out.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: General questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:44:26 pm »
well its always best to play latest version since some things change.

i think air battle is in develoment. there are windows and some fences you can break, also doors are breakable.

there was some debate about aliens not having 100% health from crushed ufos. not sure if it was implememnted.

alien AI isnt the best, but there are many things to be done and not enough people to do it.

you could check about how reaction fire works on forum. but i agree that some sort of reactions could be implemented.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: General questions.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 08:38:56 am »
there was some debate about aliens not having 100% health from crushed ufos. not sure if it was implememnted.

In crash site missions, there is a chance of aliens being injured.