project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: What do I have to do to win?  (Read 10847 times)

Offline singbird

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: What do I have to do to win?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:27 am »
Thought so. Isn't manufacturing and looting missiles too much of a hassle though? I didn't sell or use them at all, but there's at most 80 missiles total in stores at all bases.
No, I didn't find it that much of a hassle. There was not much else to do except disassemble and build interceptors, really, in my production base. Other bases took care of EP ammo, armours and weapons. And you only really need to use the missiles against Gunboats and up (if you're up to date on interceptors), so if you don't mind doing a lot of missions, you can maybe get the needed antimatter missiles from the downed UFOs.

It sounds like maybe you've been skipping out a lot of missions (by shooting everything to sea) or maybe you've just forgotten to sell that pile of 100 alien armours or something, and so you don't have enough money for laboratories and workshops and new bases.

Offline Mungojerrie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 12:24:16 pm »
It sounds like maybe you've been skipping out a lot of missions (by shooting everything to sea) or maybe you've just forgotten to sell that pile of 100 alien armours or something, and so you don't have enough money for laboratories and workshops and new bases.

Nope. Completing a lot of missions, I just sell approximately half of captured UFOs. And disassembling them takes a looong time, and I have EP ammo, gas grenades and interceptors to produce, so was just wondering whether is it worth it.

Offline singbird

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:48 pm »
Nope. Completing a lot of missions, I just sell approximately half of captured UFOs. And disassembling them takes a looong time, and I have EP ammo, gas grenades and interceptors to produce, so was just wondering whether is it worth it.

Weird. Maybe the pacing in 2.6 is just so different from 2.5. It takes my 50 production 130-230 hours to disassemble a harvester, corrupter or a gunboat from the UFO yard nearby. And while it may take 1000 hours to disassemble something with 10 workers, if you have two/three bases doing that, it's not too bad. That's why I thought you'd skipped a lot of missions; since in 2.5 you'd otherwise have so much cash you'd have no option but to build workshops. :)

Anyway, alien launchers are pretty much a necessity against Gunboats I think, so definitely get them in use.

Offline Mungojerrie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »
Anyway, alien launchers are pretty much a necessity against Gunboats I think, so definitely get them in use.
Well, Stingrays with quadruple PB weapons single-handedly shoot down Gunboats, often without taking much damage, so I'm thinking that alien launchers are a good choice to arm Raptors(if they can be mounted on them I didn't try it yet) for self-defence.

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 11:55:47 am »
2 Alien launchers on an armoured Stiletto or Dragon will take down pretty much anything - anything more than that is overkill and will waste valuable ammo. Fill up any weapon slots above the second with PB's for finishing off craft from close range who are badly damaged by AM warheads to avoid wasting the very valuable missiles.