project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Frame drop when selecting transfer items  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Falco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Frame drop when selecting transfer items
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:09 am »
current version 2.5 (IA-32 Mar. 9 2014), win 32 bit on windows 7
specs:
win 7 ultimate 64bit sp1
cpu: amd athlon 7750 dual core (2.70 ghz)
gpu: ati radeon hd 5570
ram: 4 gb, ddr2
minor bug (6)
description:
when scrolling rapidly on the arrows in the transfer window to select or deselect multiple objects of one kind the framerate drops from ~45 to 2.5.
this causes the number of items to transfer to increase or decrease to be really and annoyingly time consuming.

steps to reproduce:
1. have two bases with a storage facility
2. have a pile of items, for example alien materials
3. try to transfer a lot at once by scrolling on the arrows on the transferal screen
4. be annoyed that it takes several (felt and subjective) hours to transfer more than a hundred items of a kind

workaround:
bring some time and save after you send the transport...

i suspect that it is the constant (re-)calculation of storage space those items take up and  if those items can be stored in the other base, though such simple math shouldn't force my pc down to it's knees.
i recommend an option to increase by 10 and/or direct user input via keyboard to transfer large amounts as it is sometimes necessary, for example for alien materials or antimatter. sometimes even ammunition.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:03:56 pm by Falco »

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Frame drop when selecting transfer items
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:06 pm »
i recommend an option to increase by 10 and/or direct user input via keyboard to transfer large amounts as it is sometimes necessary, for example for alien materials or antimatter. sometimes even ammunition.
You can already do this... hold "Shift" and click to transfer 100 items at a time (iirc).

I'm sure I discovered that from a tool-tip or something.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Frame drop when selecting transfer items
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:22:32 pm »
You can already do this... hold "Shift" and click to transfer 100 items at a time (iirc).

I'm sure I discovered that from a tool-tip or something.

10 in the latest version, but yes.

-geever