project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Exit Battle Early  (Read 7364 times)

Offline LordJeff

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Exit Battle Early
« on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:03 pm »
I have had a number of battles lately where during the alien phase of a battle, the game will exit back to geoscape. There will be a system message, "Campaign Successfully Saved". This has happened in a number of crashed ufo missions of different types. The mission is available to run still, i just have to move the dropship off the location enough to come back to the drop spot. Will get more detailed data if needed.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Exit Battle Early
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »
I have had a number of battles lately where during the alien phase of a battle, the game will exit back to geoscape. There will be a system message, "Campaign Successfully Saved". This has happened in a number of crashed ufo missions of different types. The mission is available to run still, i just have to move the dropship off the location enough to come back to the drop spot. Will get more detailed data if needed.

Please attach your ufoconsole.log first.

"Campaign Successfully Saved" is an automatic quicksave happens before the battle. After that, opening the battle might fail if you don't have the maps compiled for example. The log could tell us if that is the problem or not.

-geever

Offline LordJeff

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:56:09 am »
Will add some logs next time it happens. Just wanted to get the message up and if it was a known issue with a work around I could drive on with my airborne mission.

Offline LordJeff

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:59:23 am »
Arg. Happened again at the end of a very long Mansion map. Where do I find the log file to upload?

Offline LordJeff

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 03:08:52 am »
Found it. Getting an access denied. I looked at the console, and the last messages dealt with an alien being revitalized (team 7). Then couldn't move actor, and server crash.

Offline Falco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 12:23:18 am »
i had the same issue once. didn't play very long though. the game just randomly kicked me back to the globe as if the mission never happened.

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:04:15 am »
Hello,

I also have the same issue. It happens when you stun aliens and they wake up. I don't really know why yet because I have already seen aliens wake up.
I suspect it happens when you stun more than 1 or 2 aliens. In my current game, I am trying to stun 3 aliens on a map where there are 8 and this bug is almost systematic when I stun aliens at the begginning. The only way I found to finish the map is to kill aliens first then stun the 3 last.

Here is the log :
http://pastebin.com/ECqLfJQU

I have had a look with the debugger and it seems it is a bug with the alien state. When he wakes up, his state is not changed (still 0x43) so the sanity check that an entity is alive before killing it fails. I have not seen yet how the messages are sent to the server so I could not go further. I will have a look deeper when I can.

I have posted the log with the developer option. If needed, I have 2 other logs of the same problem (but without developer var set).

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:46 am »
Should be fixed now (by commits 284ce4f & 9fca849), problem was that the revitalize event isn't sent for actors that aren't visible, and if one of those tried to move after revitalizing... well you know how that went.

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:46 pm »
I had seen that the event was launched and at some point, it was lost but I couldn't figure so far why. Is there some documentation explaining how the threads works (it's hard to follow the code to know how the events are handled) ?
And thanks for the feedback. If you tell when it will be in the 2.5 downloadable version, i can test on the savegame i kept if needed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:07:29 pm by hwoarangmy »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 03:29:59 am »
Unfortunately our Technical Documentation is rather... scarce, when in doubt you might want to ask in our 'Coding'/'Newbie coding' boards

With 'downloadable version' do you mean our "nightly" builds? If so, those aren't nightly at all for 2.5, instead they have to be started manually and I don't know when that'll happen next unfortunately.
But the fix is already in the repo if you are compiling yourself.

Offline AdmiralKew

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 12:02:32 pm »
I downloaded the 2.5 build last night. I still get randomly booted to geoscape.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »
Plz read the post above yours thoroughly.

Offline AdmiralKew

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »
Plz read the post above yours thoroughly.

So, just to clarify, I have to set up git and clone from the repository? Which one do I clone from, the whole or just the master?

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »
Which one do I clone from, the whole or just the master?
You need to get the 2.5 branch as master is 2.6

Something like this should work:
Code: [Select]
git clone -b ufoai_2.5 git://git.code.sf.net/p/ufoai/code ufoai-2.5

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:36 pm »
...or be patient and wait until one of the devs has managed to init a 2.5 nightly build, then DL.