project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Breeder  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Breeder
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:00 pm »
Hi, its been really a lot of time since i colaborated in here, but i would like to try my hand again. I have some ideas for the breeder, but would like some clarifications first:

Does it carry any weapons? A flame launcher could fit quite well into my idea (integrated into its body).
Would any of the others artists in here be willing to refine it? im a good modeller but im not sure my texturing style fits the one Ufo:ai uses, also i suck at animating. I would be using blender to do the whole thing as well.
If someone doesnt mind taking care of all the rough spots i will do a model worthy of this game (or at least try my best).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Breeder
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:18:20 pm »
Breeder does not kill you, it infects you with XVI... So it does not carry weapons.

-geever

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:22 pm »
From our wiki :
Breeder

Role: Breeders are half-organic, half-mechanical vehicles meant to infuse victims with XVI. In battle their primary role is to find civilians and turn them into alien drones, but when attacked they can retaliate with strong psionic attacks as well.

Implementation: Rough sketch. Open to improvement or complete redesign. Note: 2x2 unit!

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 03:19:21 pm »
Then i think i will post a concept first before modelling anything.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:33:14 pm »
so this alien would attack morale of your troops? 2x2 size could only fit in bomber and dropship since doors of other ufos arent wide enough. and scout and fighter...

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 02:23:37 am »
Quick and dirty topography,no textures, only material to diferentiate body pieces

torso is skin with a breasplate (use your imagination), spine has a column of glowing squares (like dead space health rig), the thing in the butt is a big XVI tank, while the cilinders in the back are small ones. tentacles coming out of the "mouth", i used geometry for the eyes (they should be textured but i wanted you to see them), head is a metal helmet, left arm grabs prey with mechanical pincer and rigth one injects XVI with a scary collection of nedlees (has a hose attached to it coming from body).
Stomach is empty and has some mechanical parts.

1330 vertex that can be reduced with proper modelling

So, what do you guys think?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 06:49:59 am »
Looks nice. Imho the big tank at the tail is too much.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 07:18:41 am »
looks very scary :D good one. that tank could be on its back and tail could be thiner.

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »
Yeah, tank in tail is too much, but i feel it needs a big tank somewhere.. If you people think is good enought i will give it proper modelling, but i keep having the same problems as in my first post; texture not possibly fitting and animation exporting to md2.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »
what problems do you have with textures? so its already animated?

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »
no, i mean, my texture style will most likely be wrong and im a very poor animator. someone will need to take over it before that point and make it ready for use in the game

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:57:25 pm »
ah that. well im not good at textures - yet and i dont know how to do animation - yet ;D

about breeder. duble lying tank on its back maybe? in similar style like russian tanks just closer. maybe?