project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ouya version?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline lordtoot

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Ouya version?
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:14 am »
Hi, I've noticed that some users have developed an android port of UFO:AI so would it be possible to make a version for the ouya? I know the ouya has had some bad press but it still offers the advantages of a standard Linux (android) platform that should be able to run this game in its entirety. You can even sell the game for some money! I think the ouya would benefit by having some games with depth like UFO and we could play this game on a big TV. What do you guys think?

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ouya version?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:49:34 am »
There was exactly one dev (pelya) who made the android port. And he hasn't been around lately.
But if you know that system well, you can of course try to make a port for it.

Offline lordtoot

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:47:31 am »
I could try side loading the android version onto my console, but developing a proper port would be beyond me. Hopefully pelya might revisit his project as playing UFO:AI on a ouya would be a far better experience than on a phone or tablet. There might be a better linux console/machine down the track but I'm hoping the ouya is still reasonably successful.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »
we have started a sdl2 android port already- then you would get the ouya port as a present.