project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I am announcing new mod - weapons stats change + new ammo for grenade launcher  (Read 3329 times)

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
All weapns rebalanced..

If AntJam gives me green light I would like to use his weapons too in my mod (something like joint mod)

0. New ammo for grenade launcher - tested it and its working fine + grenade launcher becomes something like auto shotgun with new saboted ammo * see the pic
1. Plasma blaster is now formidable weapon for close quarters combat and much more deadly in the hands of aliens.
2. Plasma encased rounds were way too strong so I decreased their dmg (I love to use all weapons avaliable in the game, not only 1 or two superb above all weapons)
3. Needler gun and heavy needler gun are now close combat weapons with slightly changed stats and damage
4. Particle beam cannon is now close combat weapon, inaccurate but strong
5. Mini shotgun is now able to use saboted slugs but have reduced damage compared to shotgun
6. Shotgun was way to weak weapon so I added 3 round burst (auto shotgun) + slightly increased damage
7. Plasma rifle accuracy lowered - gun looks more inaccurate than assault rifle so I made it that way
8. Flamewthrower is now usable weapon, reduced TUs usage. Its short rate is compensated with high power and low TUs
9. All laser weapons rebalanced (I hated calculating how many shots I have left)
10. Rocket launcher is now really useful weapon and it deals great damage (reduced TUs, increased damage-since version 2.4 as I play with these modifications for a long time)
11. Particle beam rifle is now most accurate rifle (except sniper rifles and laser weapons) when using aiming
12. Particle beam pistol has new fire mode
13. Big changes to all aircraft speeds: ufos, interceptors, dropships - changed projectile speeds accordingly + SAM sites rate of fire and projectile speeds.
14. Changes to ufo damage capacity, they are now slightly harder to take down

btw. I play with modified weapons, crafts, items from 2.4 version.

I plan to create plasma encased rounds for other weapons, add new interceptors and add more advanced UFO fighter for the start (alien reply to more advanced human interceptors), at leas one new alien weapon in the future...+ some other things :)

I will release first version of the mod in next few weeks!

Help is greatly appreciated (advices...etc.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:56:57 am by NicSO »

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
there was 3 round burst for shotgun in 2.4 but devs says that it was too storng so they deleted it... what kind of interceptors/ufos are you plan to make? if you are making stornger ufos will you make some stronger aa defence as well? for medium/late game maybe?

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
there was 3 round burst for shotgun in 2.4 but devs says that it was too storng so they deleted it... what kind of interceptors/ufos are you plan to make? if you are making stornger ufos will you make some stronger aa defence as well? for medium/late game maybe?

Well, I tested all weapons trough game that I play now over 2 months. 3 round burst from shotgun (when I added it again) could not take down armored ortnok, one shot can kill only unarmored Taman 100%.

Close combat weapons have great disadvantage because of limited range, low accuracy and if they dont have power they are just taking place in the game - they are useless.

I generally use: 1 or 2 snipers, 1 or 2 HE, 2 or 3 assault and 2 or 3 close combat soldiers. Those close combat ones are first when storming tight places so I said to myself I wanna give them good weapons.

Single shot shotgun is totally useless as soon as Tamans start showing up with alien armor. Single shot cant even kill sheevar sometimes.

I already modded AAs. I felt that ufos are too weak, specially fighter considering they have far more advanced tech than humans.

All modifications to stats I made were made while playing game so I think they are very good.

Thing that bothered me the most was plasma blaster along with shotgun. My close combat units were useless and I hate when game forces me to use only 1 or two weapons so I made plasma blaster BLASTER :). From 60  plasma beam is raised to 100, plasma ball to 220. Even with 220 dmg plasma ball cant take down ortnok but 3 round shot will take him down and it costs only 12 TUs.