project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Capturing live hovernet/combat hovernet and bloodspider/c.b.s  (Read 9397 times)

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Capturing live hovernet/combat hovernet and bloodspider/c.b.s
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:47 pm »
I just wanna say I never make it.....anyone? I shot one hovernet with electrolaser, 3 rounds...is it possible to capture them alive?

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing live hovernet/combat hovernet and bloodspider/c.b.s
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »
Because they are mechanical devices rather than alien creatures (although with an alien brain?), I don't think you can capture them. I'm sure one of the research docs mentions something like this, but I haven't been able to find it again.

This isn't a definitive answer, just my experience thus far.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:19:02 pm »
Do they bleed?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:49:37 pm »
While in theory it's technically possible to stun them, in practice you'll find it's next to impossible — they're immune to gas (for obvious reasons) and almost immune to electro-stun damage (as in: you'll do 1 point of stun damge *at most* per hit) — they aren't meant to be captured

Oh, and robots don't bleed (again, for obvious reasons)

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »
So what about demaged wires or leaking hydraulic fluid or... well i dont know how are alien spiders made. But maybe there should be posibility to demage it. It will start to leak and maybe unable to move so we could capture it.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:17:22 am »
They are not meant to be captured, you won't get anything special from capturing them, but if you really want to get a full collection, you can mod them to make them vulnerable to electro-stun weapons (immunity to gas is harcoded)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:20:36 am by DarkRain »

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 09:05:35 pm »
They are not meant to be captured, you won't get anything special from capturing them, but if you really want to get a full collection, you can mod them to make them vulnerable to electro-stun weapons (immunity to gas is harcoded)

Well, that is good idea :) In reality it could be possible. I mean frying some of their components making them immobilized.

Offline nanomage

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:17:59 am »
Honestly, I don't quite get the idea of capturing robots alive. What would be the difference between damaging a robot until it falls dead and damaging a robot until it falls unconscous? I mean, how are these two states are meant to be different in robots? I'd rather see stun damage converted to regular damage for them and having  "autopsy reports" renamed to "disassembly reports" or whatever.

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »
There is live brain inside that robot (hovernet) and for the robots as such they contain data.

It should be something like shutting down robot without damaging data. Then data could be analized.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 07:03:01 am »
I think, one day we might have something like that. It feels like a natural way in the tech tree up to the UGVs.

Oc I wouldn´t call it capturing a robot 'alive', but 'intact'.

Offline koholet

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 07:16:38 pm »
In 2.4 I capture Bloodspider alive. With combination of normal attack, IC grenades and stunrod. But it was useless for my scientist. No new information.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 10:56:04 am »
So what about demaged wires or leaking hydraulic fluid or... well i dont know how are alien spiders made. But maybe there should be posibility to demage it. It will start to leak and maybe unable to move so we could capture it.
In Xenonauts, a text entry reads as an equivalent-bleeding for robotic units. I don't know if it's used at the moment, however.