project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Interceptions  (Read 9379 times)

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Interceptions
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:15:08 pm »
One thing that is solved bad in this game is air combat.

I would suggest something similar to original ufo: enemy unknown.

Another "problem" is the speed of UFOs and interceptors (which I changed so now speed is generally 2x to 3x faster and I changed projectiles/missiles speed and SAM reloading times accordingly). It was really unreal for me to see ufos that can be outrunned by ME 262 :) or even Ta -152!

Generally 2.5 is superb version and I like it alot (with some changes I made).

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Interceptions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »
Btw. Fighter, Harvester and Bomber have shields, other UFOs do not...why?

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:41:30 pm »
Do they? That is something that I have not noticed. Are you sure?

Offline aa_

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:25:22 pm »
  I like the speed changes, i always thought that the aircraft were too slow in 2.5. Faster craft will make combat more dynamic.

Logicaly, those should have shields becouse they are made for combat, unlike the Scout, Supply and Corrupter(which i believe is research ship).
 Howether, I can not remember ever seeing anything like shields it the game.

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:22:27 pm »
They are planning on adding a battle screen for air combat, though with the way it has been described I imagine something that looks like watching battles in Galactic Civilizations 2 except you would be able to interact with your aircraft.

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:45 am »
If you unpack 0ufos file in base folder you will find there file named aircraftmanagment, there you can change stats of of ufos, interceptors, dropships. There you can see which craft has shields!

One other thing, sometimes game informs you that pilot died, sometimes dont, so if pilot survived, where is he?

I had one superb pilot (skills), he was shot down, he did not die but where is he :) ?

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:57:48 am »
They are planning on adding a battle screen for air combat, though with the way it has been described I imagine something that looks like watching battles in Galactic Civilizations 2 except you would be able to interact with your aircraft.

NICE :)

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 01:58:48 am »
Do they? That is something that I have not noticed. Are you sure?

Yes, unpack 0ufos file with winrar, find file named aircraftmanagement....voila :)

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »
Hmm, my scepticism was based on there being no reference to this in game in any research reports relating to any of the enemy UFO's, or the tech you can scavenge and research from them. Having read through the file, I am under the impression that it refers to armour in terms of some kind of modifier rather than shields - which is why the fighter UFO has a number of "2" - which possibly corresponds to UFO armour, where polymer armour would be "1", and alien polymer would be "5" by the looks of it.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:04:01 pm »
If you unpack 0ufos file in base folder you will find there file named aircraftmanagment, there you can change stats of of ufos, interceptors, dropships. There you can see which craft has shields!

One other thing, sometimes game informs you that pilot died, sometimes dont, so if pilot survived, where is he?

I had one superb pilot (skills), he was shot down, he did not die but where is he :) ?
i think somone sometime mentioned that pilots who survive should return to base. but its not implemented yet.

dont know how much research of new aircraft changed from 2.4 (now playing 2.6 and i can research dragon interceptor) but if i remember corectly all 3 battle aircrafts you can research only afrer alien propulson. i miss one more aircraft right after alien materials. also some new weapons after alien materials (imporved misiles specialy adapted for fighting aliens). advanced misiles for sam sites...

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 08:16:04 am »
Im playing 2.5 now, Im researching starchaser and that new dropship. I have 4 dragons armed with alien launchers and beams :D

Good news about pilots returning. I would like to see rescue missions of downed interceptor pilots!

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:12 am »
Hmm, my scepticism was based on there being no reference to this in game in any research reports relating to any of the enemy UFO's, or the tech you can scavenge and research from them. Having read through the file, I am under the impression that it refers to armour in terms of some kind of modifier rather than shields - which is why the fighter UFO has a number of "2" - which possibly corresponds to UFO armour, where polymer armour would be "1", and alien polymer would be "5" by the looks of it.

I modified shield stats for all ufos, 3 to gunboat, 4 to ripper, 5 to bomber!

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »
Im playing 2.5 now, Im researching starchaser and that new dropship. I have 4 dragons armed with alien launchers and beams :D

Good news about pilots returning. I would like to see rescue missions of downed interceptor pilots!
Well since aliens only have some activity here and there, there is 99% chance that pilot who will survive will be rescued by alies and returned to us in few days.
So im not sure that i want so se rescue mission.

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 02:32:20 pm »
Well since aliens only have some activity here and there, there is 99% chance that pilot who will survive will be rescued by alies and returned to us in few days.
So im not sure that i want so se rescue mission.

But there is rescue mission for dropship...I think aliens would want to capture downed pilot?!

There should be some probability he would need rescue as dropship does.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:14 pm »
I dont think i lost a dropship so i guess i havent play that mission. you soliders are at 100% health in that mission?
So maybe we could have rescue pilot mission but maybe only 50% times. sometimes nations would rescue pilot.