project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Where is the installation limit per base defined?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Where is the installation limit per base defined?
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »
I started looking for where it is set just out of curiosity and I haven't been able to find it.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the installation limit per base defined?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »
I started looking for where it is set just out of curiosity and I haven't been able to find it.

Cheater! :P

-geever

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »
No no... ok yes sometimes but only in ways that make the game more fun or to help me get pass a level I'm stuck on.

But really I was wondering because it was mentioned on another topic and I didn't know exactly what the limits are. Plus I find it fun to tinker with stuff and see what the results are. In Cortex Command I gave a gun so much recoil it made your head explode when you fired it. I also managed to pull a head shot off on myself, too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:04:15 am by Eegxeta »

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:32:18 am »
geever tends to see all modders as 'cheaters' that want to overcome/exploit his carefully designed limitations in the code. Bare with him. He's still a nice guy ;)

#define MAX_INSTALLATIONS_PER_BASE 3

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »
A modification I made is a campaign that is basically the regular campaign except you get a little more money.  I don't like fighting the weaker aliens in the easier campaigns because I'm pretty good at the tactical part of the game and fighting the weaker aliens is boring, but I'm not very good at the budget/management part so I made that easier while keeping the aliens from getting weaker. I don't think that is a unreasonable change I just wanted a difficultly that matched my uneven skills so the game doesn't get boring or too difficult. I think the game is well balanced and makes for a good challenge. I just mixed and matched that balanced to create a difficultly that is challenges my skills appropriately.

The reason I wanted to know what the installation limit is, I was curious and the fact that I couldn't find it made me more curious. I honestly didn't have any plans on changing it.

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »
geever tends to see all modders as 'cheaters' that want to overcome/exploit his carefully designed limitations in the code. Bare with him. He's still a nice guy ;)

#define MAX_INSTALLATIONS_PER_BASE 3

wHERE DO i CHANGE THIS?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »
wHERE DO i CHANGE THIS?

This is hardcoded, so you would have to edit the source files and comile afterwards.

Oc geever would not like that, and I am with him here.

Offline NicSO

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:56:43 pm »
Sry for upper case :) I did not even saw it until now :D