project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Heli  (Read 4693 times)

RonnieBoy

Heli
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:22:31 pm »
Well I just joined up. Download the RC6 a few days ago and I'm loving it. I feel this game captures the x-com spirit better than the cenega ones. I can't wait till this thing goes gold!

So I thought I'd help out where I can, but checking through the wiki to finding out how and what I can do is a little confusing. Do you have to edit the wiki and apply to do a certain peice? Or post on the forums?

Also I was looking through the to-do list and saw that heli textures was open. So I just started a little mock up of a news helicoptor skin. Before I finished it off, I wanted to check in and make sure that it's the kind of thing you wanted. Or even if they're any good at all! :)

Also the two textures I downloaded for the heli are 512x512, but it says somewhere else they should be 256x256, so which should it be for this?

Anyways keep up the good work you guys! :)

Offline rastaman_bey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Heli
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:31:24 pm »
Quite nice, but I would add some shadows and highlights to the skin. This gives it a lot more realistic feel. Btw there seems to be some distorsion in the UVW map around the side door of the helicopter.

Keep up the good work!  :wink:

RonnieBoy

Heli
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:13 pm »
Well it's been a while since I fired up max and photoshop, so I was just having a quick mess around, to clear the dust off, so-to-speak.

I'll need to fiddle with the panelling/door a bit so both side are vertical.

BTW The uvw mapping doesn't seem quite symmetrical as the top body texture lines up beautifuly but on the bottom they slight out of synch. Here:

Anyways I'll play around with it a bit to see if I can get things to line up properly. Once that's done I can start doing highlights and things.

Couple of questions is the texture too "dirty"?

Also should I be faking specularity?

Offline pete.lindsey@hotmail.com

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Heli
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:29:39 pm »
I think it looks awesome, are you aware of any "walk throughs" on how to do textures and modelling, I would love to be able to help as well