project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Fuel Dump is broken again (bomb won't trigger)  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Denthar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Fuel Dump is broken again (bomb won't trigger)
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:21:02 pm »
Hello, 2.5 Stable issue, from the 12th October stable build.

Been trying to do the fuel dump mission, but unless I'm missing something like a minimum safe distance, it's rather broken.

Happily pick up the bomb and have it planted by the game, including the Item Placed popup, but it doesn't seem to trigger. Ever.

I've tried about 15 times now, sometimes the planted message doesn't pop up on screen (shows in logs) and on one occasion I did have the game lock up when it planted, but I've not managed to replicate that.

Tried various things like having it backpack or hands, but it makes no difference.

Posting a new report in here as the others reported for the same issue on the BugTracker are closed+resolved, so it looks like this bug has been reintroduced.

Attached is a save with a dropship en-route and a console log.

Running on Win7.

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Dump is broken again (bomb won't trigger)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »
This is an issue I have been having, and I suspect it is linked to the everlasting smoke grenades and incendiary grenades, which is an issue tagged as resolved on the bug tracker, but is still extant on the oct 12th build. I also suspect that when we get an updated stable build this issue will be solved...

Offline Grug

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Dump is broken again (bomb won't trigger)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:40:40 am »
This is an issue I have been having, and I suspect it is linked to the everlasting smoke grenades and incendiary grenades, which is an issue tagged as resolved on the bug tracker, but is still extant on the oct 12th build. I also suspect that when we get an updated stable build this issue will be solved...
I have run into this issue in my 2.5 game and so compiled latest 2.5 and it is fixed so just need to wait for the next 2.5 build.