project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base Attack Missions  (Read 4239 times)

Offline bishop

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Base Attack Missions
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »
Hello,
in Base attack missions, do the alien spawn somewhere in base, or do they actually spawn on the top and go down the entrance or large hanger (these are the only two facilities I noted which are open to the top)?

Also where do the soldiers spawn? Wounded spawn in the hospital, but the others?

I want to build my base as secure as possible, thats why I ask. :-)

Offline jffdougan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Base Attack Missions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »
I believe aliens all spawn on the "top" level. They then need to enter via any of the entrance, hangar, workshop, or (basic) radar tower.

Phalanx soldiers can spawn in any of the command center, hospital, or living quarters.

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
Aliens will also spawn near the base of the entrance ramp in the underground level.

Offline Wolls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:35 am »
I believe aliens all spawn on the "top" level. They then need to enter via any of the entrance, hangar, workshop, or (basic) radar tower.

Phalanx soldiers can spawn in any of the command center, hospital, or living quarters.
I'd bump this.  And if your building a base, put the basic radar building to the upper left of where eva you put your entrance.   Its a great sniper position to guard that entrance.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 12:45:42 am »
Some additonal things I've noticed is that about 1/3-1/2 of the aliens you'll be facing always spawn around the entrance ramp. Late game (when gunboats/corrupters are normal), you may have as many as 7 of the 12+ aliens around the entrance but a few will move away from it. I've found that if I build my command center just to the north of the entrance ramp, I can use that hallway as a killing zone by tossing a gas grenade in it to create a buffer zone that hold the aliens at bay or hide behind smoke & peep out to see who's on the ramp & shoot from the smoke. You must be smart in your base design to limit or create choke points to kill the aliens from. I just wish that there was snipers pearch in the advanced radar as there is for the std radar.