project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Employee Management Hot-Keys  (Read 1850 times)

Offline danninemx

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Employee Management Hot-Keys
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:44:32 am »
AFAIK, there are no hotkeys for employee hiring (and "unhiring", as the game puts it) a la Gmail.  Instead, UFO:AI seems to allow right-clicks to perform initially "unhire" and then "remove" -- the latter of which deletes the particular employee from the list.

I somewhat see the value for this -- it might be useful if there were soldiers with uselessly poor statistics that you simply wanted to make room for another.  This doesn't happen often, however, and the same reasoning does not apply for workers or scientists, as they all have identical stats. (at least so far in 2.5 dev version)

Could you (dear developers) possibly deploy a hotkey system of some kind to address this? For example:
  • Tab: : Next employee
  • Shift + Tab: Previous employee
  • Space bar: Check/uncheck hiring box
  • Delete: Remove selected employee from list (Do not implement this for workers & scientists)

A hotkey setup such as this would allow the player to manage employees much more easily -- without tiring that index finger from over-clicking or forcing the right hand off the mouse.

Again, if I am missing any existing hotkey system, please enlighten me.

Thank you!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Employee Management Hot-Keys
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:24 am »
FYI: The plan is to remove individual worker/scientist hiring and make them hired by numbers only (eg. hire 10 more workers).

-geever