project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: "[2.5 is stable]" - H-Hour  (Read 5621 times)

Ildamos

"[2.5 is stable]" - H-Hour
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:10:34 am »
So I read this:

" If you want to continue stable play, we encourage you to use the 2.5 branch for the time being."

So is it really? Why is it not advertised on the Downloads page as a stable build?

In addition to my UFO: AI review, I plan to make a Let's Play UFO: AI series featuring the kickass new 2.5 models.

If it's stable, I could launch it within the week here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ildamos

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "[2.5 is stable]" - H-Hour
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:38:11 am »
We have branched in preparation for a 2.5 stable release. I would say across the board it is more stable, balanced and fun than the current stable release (2.4). However, a couple of late changes still need to be checked for balancing/problems. The two big ones are the change in soldier stat growth and the new reaction fire panel. Even if these do undergo further revision, I don't believe either would cause significant problems in their current state.

I'm currently unable to spend almost any time on finalising 2.5, so I can't say a release is imminent. But in terms of stability and performance, we're just about there.

Offline Moon_Dew

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:54:47 pm »
Can't you guys release the latest Dev version of 2.5 for us to play until you get the stable version up?  I'm tired of 2.4, and 2.6 is still to buggy to play.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:26 pm »
There will be be nightly builds of 2.5 -- as soon as the buildbot can be 'fixed'

Offline bishop

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:26:44 am »
Any news on this topic, ie a stable 2.5 release?

Still on 2.4 stable here and looking forward to play 2.5. :-)

Offline TallTroll

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »
2.5-dev is actually pretty stable, I certainly don't have much trouble with it

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »
I haven't had too many problems ether. Also if you can't find the download link it is 2.5 on the first line in the stable section on the download.

Offline bishop

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:29 pm »
No doubt about 2.5 not beeing stable. But this is more an "official" questions, in the sense that 2.5 should be marked/released as a stable by the project.

For example I'am also playing ufo:ai on my linux distro. And ofc my distro (as most other distros, too) ship only stable apps/games in there repos. I.e. if there is no 2.5 stable, I (and many other linux users, too) can not play 2.5... :-(

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »
Ah, I didn't know you used linux.