project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weapon Mod for 2.5 dev  (Read 33991 times)

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapon Mod for 2.5 dev
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »
This is a small weapon mod that adds 3 new weapons to the Game all with unique models , ammunition and textures. Plus UFOpedia entries.
   What you get-
       1   Webb .455 Revolver - Fires traditional ammo and with some research Micro-rockets dealing explosive damage.
       2   PlasmaThrower - An upgrade to the flamethrower, in addition to sending out sheets of flame can fire a focused beam that can cut straight through walls and finally can launch a plasma bomb.
       3   Advanced LaserRifle - An enhanced laserrifle/heavy laser has standard wave , an overcharge fire mode for a single massive blast and a cascade fire mode firing four shots.

If using with existing saves new items will have there prices set to 0 in the market (I think market prices are initalised at campaign start). And you will need to view your research to update the research projects and production screens.
   New campaign starts will have none of these issue.

This is for 2.5 dev versions

Place the AJguns folder in a folder called mods (create one if you need to) in your ufoai install folder see here for info
http://ufoai.org/wiki/Mod

Start game with      ./ufo +set fs_gamedir ajguns   (I like to create a new shortcut) and have fun

Edit- renamed all files to lowercase to maintain cross platform compatability, removed some redundant files and fixed the email issue.

And a big thankyou to the UFO ai team for all their hard work 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:05:59 pm by AntJam »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Weapon Mod for 2.5 dev
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:27 pm »
did you develop this on a linux system? there might be issues with upper and lower case in your filenames.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:40:48 pm »
Ah no all done on windows vista 64 never used linux. Should I rename everything to lowercase and re-post?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »
Congrats on the release! I've added it to our (small) mods list.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »
yes, please make everything lowercase. also in the scripts please. then it will also work on mac and linux

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:04:21 pm »
Renamed all files and checked all scripts , also discovered some redundant files and noticed I had used wrong research file (it had the email notifications removed) so fixed that.

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »
good morning I would like to know what design program used for weapons and if someone could create a rifles m4 thanks.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 12:28:27 pm »
I used Blender to make the weapons and Gimp to make the textures both free programs. You just need to download the md2 import/export and Tag scripts from here http://ufoai.org/wiki/Modelling/Blender
 Unfortunately I'm a little busy at the moment so making the m4 myself isnt possibly (at least not this year)....but I do recommend having a go yourself there are lots of good blender tutorials out there.
Feel free to ask any questions though in the artwork forum http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html there is good UFO:AI specific modelling info there too.

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:55:12 pm »
thk

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 11:01:50 am »
Hi I send you this file m4 gun md2 format, what I need is to put scale and skin tag Might help me thanks.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »
ok added a rough uv map , set it up for a texture called 81.png (by changing datablock value to .81 ) and scaled it based on the assault rifle in game. Didnt get a chance to test in game though

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 01:17:44 pm »
thk my friend

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 01:50:24 pm »
Might not please send a folder with the tag file, md2 file, and the VHS data by changing them to send you thanks.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »
VHS data?...not sure what you mean

Offline titoyo72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:38 pm »
whether it is possible to model weapon to send, if you could add the tag file or make a weapon mod that model using the m4 or change data model vhs and put the m4 thank you very much