project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:A AI snapshot 13/10/01 lua issues  (Read 3788 times)

Offline apo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
UFO:A AI snapshot 13/10/01 lua issues
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:29 am »
I tried to build the latest git snapshot today (commit: f32f700011d7f3923f98bb9c5298c06e0c456028)

It seems you added some lua flags and libs to the git repo. Lua is already packaged for Debian and I need to link against one of the available lua packages in Debian. We support lua5.1 and lua5.2. I get build failures when I remove the lua libs in src/libs/lua.

The testsuite aborts because it can't find lua.h. I fixed that by patching src/game/g_ai_lua.cpp and src/game/g_local.h. I set the include path of lua.h to lua5.2/lua.h for example.

However I get another error later:

No rule to make target `release-linux-x86_64/testall/libs/lua/lapi.cpp.o',
needed by `testall'.  Stop

What do I have to do to prevent ufoai from building the embedded lua libs and to use Debian's packages?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: UFO:A AI snapshot 13/10/01 lua issues
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:31:32 pm »
run configure again should do the trick. i forgot to push my fix for this. but now have done it. please let me know if you have any other problems with it.

btw. please keep in mind that we branched the 2.5 version - and this change is for master only. i might still merge it into 2.5 though. but this is not yet done. so maybe don't change your debian packages yet and switch to use the ufoai_2.5 branch.

Offline apo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:37 pm »
Thanks for the hint. I'm working now with the ufoai_2.5 branch, commit: 033b6d6c69d0d4818b19b82879c1ab362c762d49

Now the game fails to build from source at src/tools/radiant/radiant/model.cpp:95:38

Code: [Select]
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/windowobservers.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/model.cpp
src/tools/radiant/radiant/model.cpp: In function 'void pico_initialise()':
src/tools/radiant/radiant/model.cpp:95:38: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(char*, byte**, int*) {aka void (*)(char*, unsigned char**, int*)}' to 'void (*)(const char*, unsigned char**, int*)' [-fpermissive]
  PicoSetLoadFileFunc(PicoLoadFileFunc);
                                      ^
In file included from src/tools/radiant/include/irender.h:103:0,
                 from src/tools/radiant/radiant/model.cpp:31:
src/tools/radiant/libs/math/Vector3.h: At global scope:
src/tools/radiant/libs/math/Vector3.h:432:15: warning: 'g_vector3_axes' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
 const Vector3 g_vector3_axes[3] = { g_vector3_axis_x, g_vector3_axis_y, g_vector3_axis_z };

I packaged the picomodel library separately and I've been using the latest version from git.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:10 pm »
can you please open a ticket for this - i'm low on time currently and would otherwise most likely forget about this issue. Also can you please send me the link for the deb of picomodel? (or better - put it into the ticket, too)

Offline apo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:20 pm »
Done.

http://ufoai.org/bugs/ufoalieninvasion/issues/5169

I think the picomodel library from github is outdated because the game builds fine with the local copy in ufoai's git repo.