project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Medical attention on the dropship?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Schilcote

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Medical attention on the dropship?
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:40:21 pm »
How hard would it be to make that big red cross sign on the dropship actually have a medikit effect on a soldier who is standing in front of it? It'd be nice if I can have some of the folks who get shot right out of the dropship patch themselves up instead of tying up another soldier each for three turns...

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Medical attention on the dropship?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »
I like to think that medkit is used to keep the 1hp and still bleeding soldiers alive during the flight home.

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Medical attention on the dropship?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:38:39 am »
Well it likely a field base medkit bigger than the ones the soldiers carry, but doesn't have as much as you would back at the base.

I think the best way to implement this would be a special medkit that can be picked up in the rescue zone that would work in one turn, but you can't bring outside the rescue zone.

Maybe this could be a research topic, something like field base and the result is something like a compact self-propelled cart which carries medical supplies that a soldier can push along without slowing him down or making him tired and fits on the already overly cramped drop ship (a 20 hour flight on that thing must really suck). Kind of like the one they made for firefighters on the show "Prototype This!" except it doesn't carry fire fighting equipment. Plasma weapons are very nasty and dealing with major plasma burns is going to need more than a few bandages and some painkillers.

This could also heal injured soldiers like a hospital on the plane, but only up to half their max health and a fair bit slower. It won't heal a lot but it would help when you have one guy with one foot in the grave. I think on plane ride they should be able to do something even if it isn't much.

The proposal could go something along the lines of "The kind of wounds we are seeing from plasma weapons is little more than our current medical field kits can handle, especially the more serious wounds that need more immediate attention (like when a soldier is down to the single digits). With your permission... design a small field surgery/first aid kit that the soldiers can also take with them if the drop ship can't land near the intended target."