project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Story-Evolution  (Read 2674 times)

Offline gautier

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Story-Evolution
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »
Hi there,

I'm quite new to the game and so far I really love it! There is just one thing, that makes me think. It seems that I'm at a point, where the game doesn't develop any more. I have researched what could be researched and I'm shooting down each UFO my radars spot. But so far I discover no new races, no more Weapons and so on.

Is it possible that the Aliens need some room on earth? That I need to let them gain some progress?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Story-Evolution
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:28:59 am »
Each version (2.4 and 2.5/2.6-dev) has a different way for you to "win". None of them is the final one, though.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:01 am »
Is it possible that the Aliens need some room on earth? That I need to let them gain some progress?

2.4 has a big lull in the campaign where there is not much  new stuff for a long while. 2.5-dev has fixed that.

Offline gautier

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »
I see. What needs to be done to overcome that? Are events triggered by number of killed/captured aliens, shotdown UFOs or is it merely timebased? I guess its time but dead and living aliens, UFOs, missions are all kept track of too.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »
I can't remember how 2.4 ends, but it's just a matter of time before you see new things appear.