project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: EM Rifle Vs Coilgun - wall penetrating?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
EM Rifle Vs Coilgun - wall penetrating?
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:32:20 pm »
I do so very much like both the EM Rifle and Coilgun. For troops with enough strength they both for me signifigantly outperform the SR-1, with or without EP rounds. I do have a question though.

The EM rifle is very useful even on maps with little open space due to its wall penetrating feature. The coilgun, despite apparently being an improvement on the EM rifle, lacks this feature. It is fairly easy to mod it in by adding the "throughwall" token in the UFO file (though I do prefer to play the game as close to how the devs intended), but I was wondering what the justification was for having the EM rifle (with its lower muzzle velocity and "unstable" tumbling projectile of lower mass - ?) capable of wall penetrating shots, while the coilgun (with its larger muzzle velocity, and more stable armour penetrating projectile - ?) lacks this feature. If anything, to me, it would make sense to have this the other way around...

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: EM Rifle Vs Coilgun - wall penetrating?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »
can you please open a ticket for this. then we wont forget to have a look at it.

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: EM Rifle Vs Coilgun - wall penetrating?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 01:52:03 pm »
Will do!