project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bug @ alien transfer - latest 2.5  (Read 3360 times)

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
bug @ alien transfer - latest 2.5
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »
from base #2 to base #1
the "from" values might be ok, guess those are only the live and dead aliens of last mission (no containment)
the "to" values seemingly are wrong as it shows i only had 1 dead taman, 0 dead sheevar, BUT 107 tamans alive.

EDIT: "reality" in base #1 was somethin between 100 and 110 tamans dead, 1 taman alive (so likely those were just switched) and about 40-50 dead sheevars (0 alive, so likely switch happened here too)

guess that's clear enough, but if required, i'd have a screenshot as well

greets
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:10:14 pm by RealSpirit »

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: bug @ alien transfer - latest 2.5
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »
Please attach your save game file.

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:59:51 am »
ok, created a new savegame, but the bug is obvious.

again: while transferring aliens the amounts of aliens of the "from"-section are correct, while the amounts of aliens at the "to"-section are _shown_ in a way where alive and dead alien values are exchanged. if the target base has 5 alive sheevar and 10 dead ones, in the transfer window it will show 10 alive and 5 deads.

the transfer itself works properly.

i've attached 2 pictures showing the transfer screen from #1 base to #3 base and (of course without transfer happening) the same situation from base #3 to base #1.

unfortunately i didn't find the savegames so far. will see if i can find some information concerning save game location within this forum

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:05:28 am »
ok, there it is. for base selection see previous post.

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:05 am »
I found the same bug in 2.5: In Base EU I have 38 corpses of shevaar and 1 alive shevaar (This is confirmed from clicking on the alien containment building and checking the numbers, and also in the From column if i try to transfer aliens from base EU to another base).

When I got to Base Australia and want to transfer aliens to Base EU, in the To: column of the transfer screen it shows that at destination base, Base EU, there are 38 alive shevaar and 1 corpse of shevaar.  Thus the alive and dead stats are mixed up in the To: column of the transfer screen.

The same mixup of alive and corpse numbers occurs with Taman, but with Ortnok something else happens: At Base EU I have 8 corpse and 3 alive. When I want to transfer from Australia to Base EU, it shows that at the destination base I have 3 corpse of Ortnok and does not list any alive ones, thus it takes the Alive number as the corpse number and ignores the corpse number for Ortnok.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:42:21 am »
could you create a ticket on http://ufoai.org/bugs and attach your savegame?

thx
-geever

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:49:27 am »
I can't seem to log in there. Here is a saved game and some screen shots:

At Base EU there are 74 dead taman and 5 alive, 45 dead shevaar and 4 alive, 11 dead ortnok and 1 alive.

If you try to transfer aliens from another base, like base South America, to base EU, it shows that at the destination base, base EU, there are 5 dead taman and 74 alive, 4 dead shevaar and 45 alive, and 11 alive ortnok and no dead ortnok listed.

It affects all bases, the above is just one example. You can see that base EU transfer screen also reports the wrong numbers for base South America.