project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Design: Aliens  (Read 35225 times)

Offline headdie

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Design: Aliens
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »
Indeed the Chryssalid (the ******* ******** ) was an iconic enemy in UFO:EU, no mater what, everyone feared coming up against one, especially in the dark and early in the tech tree.

Perhaps change things around a little, for example make it more of a fragile creature and change the effect so that instead of injecting an egg it injects a venom that disorientates the victim for a time causing them to fire on anything that moves, be it alien, goodguy or civi, then after 5 turns the venom kills the soldier or have it cause so much health damage per turn.

It could also open up a research avenue to develop a counter toxin

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »
Indeed the Chryssalid (the ******* ******** ) was an iconic enemy in UFO:EU, no mater what, everyone feared coming up against one, especially in the dark and early in the tech tree.

Haha yeah, i already mentioned the same in another thread - my codename for it was "Eggman" - that damn bastard!

Something like a XVI (Spoiler) Transformer/Injector makes more sense. Injecting the virus in a high amount directly in to the victim causing him to go bad instantly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:07:39 pm by Crystan »

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »
How about something that shoots XVI darts at range?
Accuracy doesn't matter because no matter how far away you'd be, you'd still be too fucking close.
Cryssalids are scary and stuff but they've been done before.
And if it's a timed effect, there's an extra bonus: Either you take a chance and try to win before the guy/gal loses it, or you just shoot him on the spot.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:17:29 pm by Nutter »

Offline headdie

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 09:30:13 pm »
I was thinking the time delay was before the poison/toxin killed the affected soldier (on top of them going nuts) but a couple of turns time delay before starts to kick in might be more realistic.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 09:35:49 pm »
This thread is outdated. Check out the alien bestiary for existing alien ideas and new alien ideas. The chrysalid-like alien we have planned is the breeder in that thread.

I'll close this thread just to keep discussion in one place.