project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RC6: General Discussion  (Read 7589 times)

klw

RC6: General Discussion
« on: November 20, 2006, 06:50:47 pm »
I'm testisting the RC6 version and I have some question for you:
- when is possible to assign soldiers to a new dropship? Maybe when you have dropship, living quarters and storage? I'm asking because for a period of time I've read NA instead of Assign
- is there some way to transfer stuff from a base to another? To give weapons to soldiers of base#2 I've built a new workshop...
- are the researchable items limited? I've no more research to do, with the exception of an anatomy unresearcheable. Do i need hospital for that research?
- Which is the role of medics? Do they need for something?

And now just two notes:
- the RC6 version is much more stable. Only one bug during a mission that isn't ended when I've killed all the enemies. Retrying mission all is gone ok. Congratulation to coders!
- hope to have the scroll bar for the employees very soon, otherwise I can't defend more than 2 bases.

Nikron

Re: RC6: General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 07:05:11 pm »
Quote from: "klw"

Only one bug during a mission that isn't ended when I've killed all the enemies. Retrying mission all is gone ok.

i though that its a bug too (Wachau) but i realised that the last guy was extremly hidden (and dangerous): it was hiding in MY dropship

what can i do with captured aliens?

klw

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:18:00 am »
- I'm very sure that no enemy was alive :P

- Just a news: I've finished UFO AI RC6!!

- Another question, maybe a bug: during a base attack I've had only 4 members of my team. This with my first team, and with the 2nd base team. Maybe it's normal. Not normal, indeed, is that after that mission I've lost a large amount of my weapon! Ok, I've produced again but in some mission I've had problems cause not so powerful weapon.

Thank you again to the coders for this beautiful game. I'm waiting for the final release and, in the meanwhile, I'm at your disposal to test something you may need.
Byezz

Offline zyrano

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:29:50 am »
What is about the research? Same with me as above, I've already resarched all resaerchable items (nano, plasma und tachyon related things) and still stand there xenobiology unresarchable.

I've recognized a bug. Sometimes the objects are losing thier textures, getting a grey (or white skin). Restarting the game works around

WinXP, Ahtlon XP 2400+, DirectX 9.0c (April 2006), 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9200 with 128 MB

Bye zyrano

Noone

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 03:31:50 pm »
Hi all,
first let me concratulate you to this great game. In my opinion it beats ufo Aftermath and its clones without Problems even in its uncomplete stage.

But now i have some questions,  i looked around here for a time but i still couldnt  find a thread where i can read what is implemented yet and what is not, ufo interception or what is the ufo hangar good for  for example(i capured a landed Ufo but nothing hapend there.

Now i got through the game or better there was a green text which says something like "now comes the alien base but this is not implementet" is there any further or does this mean thats it a little short if you ask me  :lol:  Im missing some Storyline (importent researches special Missions etc.) is this somethind that would come soon? perhaps it would be wise to write something about the completetion status on the "about" page.

Anything else wokrs great, taktikal Missions are fun and Grafik is ok , there are very little bugs so of you ask me its time to concentrate on the storyline and research tree, bye the way if you want me to do i could write some text for  the researches there are very little informatins about different weapons and technologies.

Nikron

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 03:54:12 pm »
someone put the "0" and the console to the same button  :evil:

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 05:29:25 pm »
there is currently no feature list available - but you can always watch the changelog in our wiki to see the progess.

the storyline will be part of the next major release we are preparing atm - 2.1

Noone

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 01:42:33 pm »
i'd read the changelog for rc6 and 5 but there are mainly bugfixes and no features listet  :( , well maybe i would know better if i knew the earlyer rc's i stumbled ofer Alien invasion last week wile looking for Xcom at Wikipedia  :lol:

ähm bye the way is it meant to be that the prices of self produced Equipment are 10 times the prices i have to pay if i buy the item? for example: Assault Rifle Clip- 60 Credits (buy item) 600 (produce item).
Shouldn't be self producedt items be even cheaper than bought ones? i already have to pay the upkeep for the production buildings and workers and spend my production capacity (time) so it would be only fair if self production is cheaper.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 03:22:05 pm »
the economy system has already changed in current development snapshots. will be part of 2.1

Nikron

Re: RC6: General Discussion
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 07:29:23 pm »
Quote from: "Nikron"
Quote from: "klw"

Only one bug during a mission that isn't ended when I've killed all the enemies. Retrying mission all is gone ok.

i though that its a bug too (Wachau) but i realised that the last guy was extremly hidden (and dangerous): it was hiding in MY dropship

what can i do with captured aliens?

found the problem: in tokyo, there are 2 (at least) places where characters can fall into the ground.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 09:25:00 pm »
can you make screenshots please and open a bugtracker item

Noone

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 09:40:59 am »
hi again, i didnt recocnize any Bugs in Tokyo but i had an reproducable Mission Crash in one Terror  Mission (in Afrika i think)when i endet my first turn. I simply ignored the Mission for good.

what about ufo interception and korresponding Researches? Will they be part of the next release too?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:11 am »
this bug is already fixed - and will be part of the upcoming patch

nevertheless thanks for reporting

Nikron

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 04:21:45 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"
can you make screenshots please and open a bugtracker item

if i will met next time with this bug, i will make a screenshot. and i dont know whats the bugtracker

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 05:52:03 pm »