project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem in 2.5dev  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
Problem in 2.5dev
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:38:37 am »
Hello! I have a little problem in 2.5dev. I think it was my fault, I was trying to modify something on the basemanagement.ufo file...

I get this error when I try to start a new campaign. I guess one of my modifications backfired, but I have no idea of what. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

By the way, the game works fine when I start a new campaign in vanilla mode without my mod. I only modified the MSGID and the .ufo files, but I think I did something wrong...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:12:56 am by Latino210 »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Problem in 2.5dev
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:18:48 am »
either provide the mod or let us guessing:

you changed the geoscape map to something != earth but did not provide all the needed masks.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:53:28 am »
No, I have not modified the geoscape maps yet.

Here is the mod. If you could take a look at that problem I would appreciate it. I've only modified the ufo dir, so I am including just it.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:29:50 am »
Hmm...
Since I don't get that error when using your mod (the console floods with lots of other errors, but I can at least start the campaign -- after commenting out all the weapons that are missing a tech), I think something went wrong with this:
All right, I made a "Mod" dir on the ufoAI directory, I made a new directory there with the name of my mod, then I copied the entire "Base" dir on it, deleting the files that I do want to keep from the original ufo (music, textures and some other things).
Maybe you inadvertently deleted some files from the base directory?
I suggest you start with a clean game, created the directory for your mod (it must go in the mods directory) and copy only your modifies files to it, then work from there (check the game logs)

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:51:07 pm »
Yes, you are right.