project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: problem w/ spawn pts on map  (Read 3264 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
problem w/ spawn pts on map
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:57:47 am »
I opened a bug issue #4940 but Bug Genie didn't allow me to add savegame as an attachment & the pics added didn't come out the way they should in the issue, so I'd though I might post them here.

Problem is in the Counry Desert Map/Herakles using 2.5dev from Jan10th nightly build, some spawn points are off for a few soldiers. One soldier spawns in the roof of the ship like he's standing on something but is able to move off into play. The other 4 soldiers that start on the ship can't move anywhere other than the square formed by those 4. Attached is pics of the situations as well as the overall placement of the alien ship/Herakles & savegame. If you use the savegame just go to the landed ufo in N Amer from the nearby base.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: problem w/ spawn pts on map
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:16:56 am »
I've fixed the photos on the issue tracker. In the future, there is a little insert image icon above the description area which you can  use to enter image URLs. But we prefer to have the images attached to the post, which you can do after making the report. When viewing the issue, click More Actions at the top right then Attach a file.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:35:41 am »
ok thanks, I was looking more where it gives you the options the bold, italic, link, etc & at the bottom rather than up where you said for attaching things

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:45:59 am »
I disabled the map in a commit about a week ago. Not sure yet whether it will be back or merged into another theme. However, the problem is gone.

Offline O01eg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:44:15 am »
I got same bug for +frozen industrial_medium: http://ufoai.org/bugs/ufoalieninvasion/issues/4892

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:04:51 am »
Multiplayer? Campaign? Skirmish? 2.2? 2.3? 2.3.1? 2.4? 2.5-dev? build date? map date? self compiled? Installer? Andorid? Mac? Win? some X?  downloaded precompiled maps by map-get or self compiled? How about providing a seed list? Or any usful information at all? Holy s***.

Thanks for reporting.

Offline O01eg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:02 am »
This bug closed. I cann't reproduce it after the recompiling maps.