project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Unselectable UFOs  (Read 3105 times)

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Unselectable UFOs
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:42:09 am »
In January 2085 UFOs started to appear, which I cannot select and cannot send fighters at them. This first appeared with Fighter 115, but after that I tried for a while, and neither could I select other types. Until this time, everything was fine, I intercepted and shot down a lot of UFOs.

If I select crashed or landed UFOs, the menu pops up normally so I can send out my troop transports.
If I select a flying UFO, it's type and speed is displayed, the circle around it changes color, but if I click on them again, nothing happens. The dialog about which interceptor I wish to send, does not open. I do have interceptors in working condition (repaired, fueled, manned, equipped) in many bases, including a base within range of the UFO.

I can send out interceptors manually, but can't find a way for them to attack those UFOs.

Is this a bug, or is it a feature about some new type of stealth UFOs or something similar?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Unselectable UFOs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:36:40 am »
Are they equipped with a weapon that requires ammo (Sparrowhawk missiles, for instance) and do you have ammo for them?

If you've checked that, attach a savegame file and let us know if you're playing 2.4 or 2.5.

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »
Most of them have only particle beam weapons, and they fought a lot of battles before. I have both stilettos and dragons, and have plenty of antimatter. I'm playing 2.5 from 26. January. Should I redownload and retry, or post a savegame?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:36 pm »
savegame

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:09:46 pm »
Here it is.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
Confirmed. I've posted a bug report. The following error is printed to the console when selecting the UFO:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: AIR_CRASHED should not be visible anywhere