project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My new, littlle open-source game project that I've finally given a proper start  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
All right, for those of you who for whatever reason didn't see the chatter on IRC about it, I've finally registered and started my own game, open-source GPL:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tribalcreature/

It is still in infancy, but already has a simple demo where you can make the main character move around in the game world and do a few things, including basic flight implementation.  (The main character is a creature that is somewhat like a human, but has large feathered wings to fly with and also fangs and retractable claws.)

I currently plan to make it into a game with a mix of fantasy (spells and magic) and technology (also fighting enemies with machine guns, pistols, grenades, etc.).

Eventually the game will be built for all three major platforms (Win, Mac, Linux) as all the libraries used support this.  The code uses OpenMP for easy multi-threading on machines that have multiple cores.

At this time I don't even have many people to test it, and I've found a few issues with running the demo on my laptop with an ATI graphics card, although I get spectacular results on my desktop with an NVIDIA card.

I'd welcome opinions and feedback from anyone interested.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Okay, for those who have asked me for screen shots, I now have a bunch, in this post are a few of them.  The project page also has some pics now, too.