project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Do I let alien base live?  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Kiki

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Do I let alien base live?
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:21 am »
  When I built my third base, I found out my next door neighbor was an alien base. I showed up at their door with plasma blasters as a house warming gifts, and cleaned house. When I was done the game was over.  That's it? I went back to the saved game and played with the game with out the base visit. Now I have three alien bases, will the game end if go and play patty cake in their house? Can I kill two of the alien bases, and leave one to play war games with? I kind of feel like the American Military.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do I let alien base live?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:43:04 am »
In 2.4 the campaign ends when you destroyed your first alien base. It is a temporary end as we need to develop the further storyline. The upcoming 2.5 will allow you to continue the campaign, destroy alien bases and ends when .... (shouldn't spoiler should I? :) )

-geever

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
...and ends when .... (shouldn't spoiler should I? :) )
-geever

Just a hint, then?
Do we finally get the huge fucking railgun?  :D

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:32 pm »
I would like it if you raided a base and won, the world is taken to a new chapter - and a new, much tougher race than what we currently have, arrives on the scene. Something utterly freaky like a giant leech that latches on to a soldier and bleeds him dry over successive turns,  unless you either blow it up (taking your soldier with it... how about that for a moral dilemma!) or incapacitate it with half a dozen stun grenades. Or a psychic race that can panic all but your best soldiers. Or an alien that takes mind control over a human... only they don't show up as an alien in the mission. But you don't KNOW there's one in the mission. And (as would happen in real life) you're at a massive disadvantage till you suss out what's going on and by process of elimination which human isn't human and take it down. (and if you blow away all the humans you get the sack so you can't cheat!)...

Offline Kiki

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »
I kinda wish that we had different types of missions, other then the hunt and kill ones. For example, saving humans that are being lead to harvester ships, freeing the one held captive. Or stop aliens from takeing back their ships from rich dorks on earth. Right now I'm just an animal.