project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About booster addition on Firebird ?  (Read 2529 times)

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
About booster addition on Firebird ?
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:53 pm »
Hello. I was trying to make some ship model. I'm so tired with exporters bugs in gmax that some static design was a sort of relaxing... At one moment I imported the Firebird existing ship to scale mine accordingly, and by chance a part of my reactors was grafted on the Firebird very exactly. It gives this following in attachment, and brings me on asking now if by any chance it could be possible or not to think about a new booster addon for the good old dropship, so that he could have a second life at the advanced campain?

The advantages of improving Firebird with a small addon is in the fact that it is low cost for a correct gain in the variety of choices in the game. Let me know what 's your opinion about this.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:59:36 pm by krilain »

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: About booster addition on Firebird ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:34 pm »
Dropships and UFOs are the most work-intensive pieces of content in the whole game, because they must be added and tested in dozens of maps. We won't be adding another just for a minor adjustment.

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: About booster addition on Firebird ?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:20:07 pm »
Dropships and UFOs are the most work-intensive pieces of content in the whole game, because they must be added and tested in dozens of maps. We won't be adding another just for a minor adjustment.
Thank you, fast as ever :)

But isn't it rather because it is very minor, that it could be added ? I mean here there is no problem due to the shape for the maps. It would be very different with a new dropship. But it is possible that you mean that there could be memory or any hardware limit reached by those additions, even small (some texture and standard meshes), for the biggest maps?

I havn't read the wiki for the ships, what exactly are the new ships required ? Or I will jump to the according page if you prefere. Other detail. I'm making my own version of Firebird by now, not in order to add it as a new ship but as a possible replacement for fun. The propeller addon came just by a sort of chance as I've explained above. I was myself surprised that a so complex and complete ship could be upgraded correctly lets say, with only 2 standard shapes (just 2 cylinders in fact).

For anyone who wonder, here in attachment the look at which I'm working. It is far to be finished of course. Could also be an interceptor...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:30:27 pm by krilain »