project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Add soldier voices  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Kronon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Add soldier voices
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »
Hello to everyone !Only just found this great game and immediately carried away , with all due respect to the developers.Only question would be whether the soldiers would be given to the selection of a simple sound, or the shot ? Bekapcsolnom.Sokat mean I could not do that experience , at least I számomra.Ha up the question in the wrong place or not , please correct sharpening

Offline vuser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Add soldier voices
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:54:42 pm »
Sokat mean I could not do that experience , at least I számomra.Ha up the question in the wrong place or not , please correct sharpening

Google translate?

(írd meg magyarul a kérdést és lefordítom, az automatikus fordítás teljesen érthetelten szöveget eredményezett)

Offline Kronon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:28:54 pm »

Google translate?

(írd meg magyarul a kérdést és lefordítom, az automatikus fordítás teljesen érthetelten szöveget eredményezett)
sorry, i minimal speak englis :'( egy kérdésem lenne,a katonák kaphatnak e hangot a kiválasztásnál vagy mozgásnál vagy lövés előtt? Egyszerű hangokra gondolok (igen,megyek,látom) ez hiányzik csak a játékból nekem.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:02 am »
sorry, i minimal speak englis :'( egy kérdésem lenne,a katonák kaphatnak e hangot a kiválasztásnál vagy mozgásnál vagy lövés előtt? Egyszerű hangokra gondolok (igen,megyek,látom) ez hiányzik csak a játékból nekem.

Sent Kronon our answer in Private Message in Hungarian but I'm gonna share it with the rest of you either:

Kronon asked for soldier action sounds like "affirmative", "ready to go" and so on.

The problem with such a feature is that the game is speaking in about 30 languages, so we would need to record the sounds in every supported language in good quality, and it doesn't stop there. We would need several versions of the sounds so they don't get boring and female soldiers don't start speaking on male voices. While this could be possible on some major languages (English, German, Spanish, etc) it would be impossible for some others as there are not many people willing to contribute to an open source project for free. Another (less important but still) problem is that these sound files would significantly increase the size of the installer which is around 1.1G already. Most people would not like to download 1G more just for this feature.

-geever

Offline Kronon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:30 am »
I am understand and thank you answer.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »
That maybe would be possible to add additional downloads - just speech. But sounds for me would be the last thing i would care about .

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »
That maybe would be possible to add additional downloads - just speech.
It would be possible to release voice packs as unofficial mods. But i think there is currently no support for soldier/geoscape (research complete etc) response sounds in the game.

But sounds for me would be the last thing i would care about .
:'(

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 01:11:59 pm »

Offline Kronon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
I happy,expected voice packs mods (enough englis sound).

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:57:40 pm »
I happy,expected voice packs mods (enough englis sound).
Add to all this the fact that it could help people to learn the language, english or any ;)

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »
:'(
What? I just dont care about soliders voices since i usually listen to music... Well sometimes that death screams are funny to listen ;D.

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 07:32:20 pm »
What? I just dont care about soliders voices since i usually listen to music... Well sometimes that death screams are funny to listen ;D.
Soldiers voices increase the controle over your troop. For the moment there is only a difference between male and female, and eventually soldier and pilot, that's light. But with unit diversity increasing in any maneer, it would become a great help.

Anyway for the moment, this is for the soundmaster Crystan, what about a pilot crunchy radio voice wishing good luck at mission start ? - In english , why not, the "Firebird" for instance is an english name, who cares?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »
What? I just dont care

look what it says under Crystan's avatar ;)

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 10:18:16 pm »
well, i would not be so sure i would want voice acting from the community, but some mod that allows to add such self-recorded sounds could be fun for a little while.
i mean, some points where the game would play a sound file with a specific name, and some documentation about what the default words would be.

e.g. when selecting a female soldier with a mouse, i might record some girl saying 'oh, a mouse!'

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:50 pm »
well, i would not be so sure i would want voice acting from the community, but some mod that allows to add such self-recorded sounds could be fun for a little while.
i mean, some points where the game would play a sound file with a specific name, and some documentation about what the default words would be.

e.g. when selecting a female soldier with a mouse, i might record some girl saying 'oh, a mouse!'
Nice example.
More seriously, you have the ideas and capability to make a complete mod . Please let me know if you do so some day :)