project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO Yard/Scientists Mystery  (Read 2576 times)

Offline tembero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
UFO Yard/Scientists Mystery
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »
Phalanx in-house Super detective Tembero has found a security flaw within the Phalanx R&D Network. Upon loss of a UFO Yard on Geoscape to enemy Harvester 10 Scientists have gone Missing presumed Ortnok Dinner, these scientists were known to be researching UFO Theory at the time and have vanished with the materials/UFO fighter craft they were assigned to. This is code red boys, we need those scientists returned.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:07:48 pm by tembero »

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting New Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »
Isn't that exactly what one would expect to happen? A big bad ufo came and destroyed the storage facility with the ufo in it, collaterally taking out the scientist working on it?

Offline tembero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:28 am »
Maybe so, but my Phalanx staff should be sturdier and remove their personal effects from the living quarters and return them to their families, RIP to their 32-bit 3d models graphical souls 'n all.

Offline tembero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:54:32 am »
+ is it possible to rename a threads title (to something more topically specific) once your amusement at a notion has subsided?

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:58:34 am »
If you edit the first post, it should let you change the topic title. Interesting bug report, btw. ;D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:08:59 am »
Please file bug reports on the Bug Tracker so they aren't lost.

-geever

Offline tembero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: UFO Yard/Scientists Mystery
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »
It appears that a repeat of the event has not concluded identically on a similar situation, this time I was researching UFO Theory as opposed to a particular craft and my scientists were returned to base with a grammatically incorrect message pertaining to the subject. 'Prerequisites met not, research halted', (I had a look for the text output .cpp to patch grammar but could not find it someone passing may spot it).

I had already submitted this as a bug ticket, but it is appearing further to be a 1-off bug.