project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: More intel-gathering items for the battlescape  (Read 7094 times)

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: More intel-gathering items for the battlescape
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »
Some tiles are unshootable in base defense, I find any of the ufo walls or maps like solar plant (gopher hunt) that shooting through walls/floors is terrific, I find it almost game breaking it's so effective. It's amazing what you can do with a scout , then have your snipers shoot through a wall have a map away.

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:00 pm »
How exactly do the 'shooting through a wall' mechanics work? Does it matter where the wall is in relation to you and the target? Does it change the trajectory / accuracy of the shot? I've tried shooting through the wall when it was very close to me and far away from the enemy, and that didn't work.

I did have one success with it - going down the staircase in the solar power plant map, there was a hovernet on the other side of the thin wall there. I shot through that wall with my sniper. The shot hit the wall, but the hovernet died. :D

I also tried sending a team of one sniper and one scanner back to the surface searching for the last enemy, but I found it downstairs first... the range of IR scanning one floor down / up isn't very big, is it?

(It would be nice if you actually continued to see the shot after it hit the wall, though.)

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 12:50:40 am »
I have no idea how the exact "mechanic" works, I have seen it work in almost all variations (mostly due to panic over try to save my scout). I find that I miss a lot of shots just due to inaccurate snipers. The straight up/down shots are the best kinds. For UFO wall shots I prefer to be standing next to the alien. UFO walls can be shot through from a long ways away.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 06:17:33 am »
I *think* it's not possible to shoot through 2 walls though, do you know if it is so?

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 12:38:29 pm »
Bolter and coilgun can shoot through two walls, sniper rifle just through one.