project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [Not a bug] [2.5_dev_12/12/23] Mislabeled Weapon categories / weapon experience  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
As shown in the picture, the sniper rifle is now (as in compared to 2.4) classified as Assault instead of Sniper category, but it still (correctly, I think) awards experience in Sniper Rifles. Other weapon classifications may be faulty, too - it seems I'm seeing a lot more "Assault" and "Close" than I remember. Wasn't the Machine Gun supposed to be "Heavy"? I've noticed that despite using a variety of weapons, none of my soldiers has gained any experience in heavy weaponry. Are there any weapons with the "Heavy" attribute in the game?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:27:49 pm by Quizer »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [2.5_dev_12/12/23] Weapon categories / weapon experience faulty
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:49 am »
UFO: Alien Invasion has undergone extensive changes during 2.5's development cycle.
See the above quoted post for general info, in this case in particular skills are now applied per fire mode not per weapon: aimed shots use the sniper skill (yes even in assault rifles) while snap (and burst) modes use the assault skill (even in sniper rifles)
Heavy skill has been dropped and is slated to be removed, all weapons that used that skill have been reasigned to other skills (close/assault mostly)

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
I see, thanks for explaining. :)