project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RC6?  (Read 4164 times)

Razor

RC6?
« on: November 14, 2006, 10:47:34 pm »
I read on another thread that RC6 is supposed to be  released VERY soon. I believe the comment was end of wek... Is this close to the truth? If so, or not, any stright talk on when it's expected?

Northen_Wolf

RC6?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:18:41 am »
Howbout reading forums for similar topics first and THEN asking questions? :evil:

link to this topic :arrow:

Razor

RC6?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:31:06 am »
Wow! Someone is a bit testy! Please forgive me if I didn't see every thread on every topic for every possible question that could ever be asked! Not everyone that tries to help out her has all day to sit around aimlessly absorbing every small detail. This is a forum is it not? It's for asking and answering questions is it not? So now that we have suffered through your attitude, and your link to the related topic, how about some ACTUAL answers to the first question? Your link didn't do much of that... smart*** Fixing bugs.. ok, thats great. We all understand that. Its an ongoing, and seemingly neverending chore to wich I give those fellas mad love for doing as best they can. However, other comments on the forums, wich I wont bother linking you to, since you already seem to have a handle on all of that, have eluded to the release of RC6 very soon. Now if yuo actually have a timeline in mind, or even better, a date that would be great. Those of us who have played through RC5 many times over, are looking fwd to it.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
RC6?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:15:19 am »
it "should" be available very very very soon. (not to say that we are testing the installer atm :-D)

stay tuned for news announcements

Northen_Wolf

RC6?
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 04:53:45 am »
erm.. its realised + there is nothing wrong with my attidude

Quote from: "Razor"
Not everyone that tries to help out her has all day to sit around aimlessly absorbing every small detail

hey i log in only once per day! and then i just check new posts and only the ones i am interested in!!!! if once a day is much then what is less?????

Quote from: "Razor"
So now that we have suffered through your attitude, and your link to the related topic, how about some ACTUAL answers to the first question? Your link didn't do much of that... smart*** Fixing bugs.. ok, thats great. We all understand that. Its an ongoing, and seemingly neverending chore to wich I give those fellas mad love for doing as best they can. However, other comments on the forums, wich I wont bother linking you to, since you already seem to have a handle on all of that, have eluded to the release of RC6 very soon. Now if yuo actually have a timeline in mind, or even better, a date that would be great. Those of us who have played through RC5 many times over, are looking fwd to it.

yeah sure just as this game is freeware its done by coders freewilly on theyr free time, all I knew at that time was that it will  be (right now is) realised soon ... Bug fixing takes some time....

Now will ya stop blaming me and my attidude ???

Offline madsen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
RC6?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 11:10:39 pm »
Uhm, somewhat related to the topic of this thread...
Will there be a Linux binary RC6? (Can't seem to find it on the SF-page.)

Offline GIJOE317

• Rookie
    • View Profile
RC6?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:52:33 am »

Razor

RC6?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 06:33:13 am »
I'm not here to make any enemies, or start a big deal. But you have to admit, after reading back, that your post came off totally the wrong way. That being said, I totally understand that things take time, and everything is moving at a voluntary pace. Wich is all well and good, and I've said many times I wave the flag in honor of those who work so hard on this game.

But with all the supposed chatter about the release, the question begs to be asked. Can you balme us? The game rocks, and we are obviously hungry to tear up some alien ass in the new release.

Is it totally wrong to maybe set a general goal? Nothing to specific, as I know things dont always work to plan. But lets say... This week, or this month? Not a bad goal. Give folks things to shoot for, and the fans something to look fwd to. I know nobody wants to pin anything down, and thats fine, in the end its thier baby. On the other hand I dont think it's to awful bad to generate some excitment and anticipation either. Just look at the PS3 release to get my drift! lol

As for the rest... well, you get what you give... we're all soldiers, and have a hard time backing away from a fight huh? Lol. let us just not forget we're all on the same side here.  :wink:

See you in the trenches of RC6... at some point.. lol

Peace and Love to all,
RAZOR

Offline Moe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
RC6?
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 01:14:40 pm »
well i was supposed to be released at weekend but then some mad bugs appeared which needed to be fixed so it delayed some.

Northen_Wolf

RC6?
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 06:59:46 am »
Razor we are soldiers afterall :P Littl bit hate and rivalry is allowed... well anyway i get back killing some aliens (more than you do) :P too abd i can't play ufo:ai on my computer (stupid video card)....