project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.4: Where are the UFOs?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline BrettTurner

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
2.4: Where are the UFOs?
« on: December 15, 2012, 06:30:46 am »
Tooling along in the simple campaign in version 2.4.  30-odd missions so far, pretty straightforward, but not a single flying UFO.  Two bases with radar and three other radar towers, gray circles on the map.  I never find a flying UFO, all I get are terror missions.

Also, some of the terror missions have a UFO on the ground, but I never get a UFO in my UFO yard, which is just about touching my main base.

Am I doing something wrong here?  Is there some switch for turning on the radar that I missed?  Do I need to send interceptors on these terror missions along with the drop ship?

Very confused about where all the UFOs are.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2.4: Where are the UFOs?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:38:28 am »
My guess is you started the 'Simple Campaign', which is, well, let´s say it is unfinished.

Just select 'Full Campaign' out of the main menu and you should see the first UFO soon after. In 2.5-dev it might take some time until the first one shows up, though.

Offline BrettTurner

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:52:06 pm »
Thank you for replying.

So "Simple Campaign" means "unfinished campaign with no UFOs," and not just "shorter campaign for people who just want to try this new game out without making a major time commitment?"  Geez.

A better description of the "Simple Campaign" would make the game a whole lot more attractive to new users.

Offline XCom 90

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:39 am »

So "Simple Campaign" means "unfinished campaign with no UFOs," and not just "shorter campaign for people who just want to try this new game out without making a major time commitment?"  Geez.

As I've understood it, it means "not finished cool feature in a game developed for free and distributed for free so people can try out this constantly improving game without ever being confronted with the decision whether to buy p* - enlargement pills or other products".

For your purpose: Try "Skirmish". Fighting is the heart of the game, imho. If you like that, you'll like the rest. If you don't, you probably don't like turn based strategy games ;).