project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UNO mark on armours and uniforms  (Read 19327 times)

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: UNO mark on armours and uniforms
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:41 am »
Almost all symbols are based on previous ones.

So frak it I say. Who cares?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 07:34:53 am »
conspiracy theorists will care ;)

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »
Is the super secret international organization Phalanx really here to save us from an "alien" threat? Or are these "Taman" just government agents performing a false flag operation to create a single world government lead by cyborg Nazis? Read the exclusive report in this week's Global World Inquirer Post.

Offline Unisol

• Rookie
  • There's only one way to deal with delicious pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »
I like the first with the spear style of the 2nd.
Here is something for you to take look at.

Anyway, the decision what simplified logo to use and to use it at all is up to lead devs and artists. Judging by their activity in this thread so far, I don't think that phalanx soldiers will receive new armbadge =)

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 04:12:40 pm »
Here is something for you to take look at.

Anyway, the decision what simplified logo to use and to use it at all is up to lead devs and artists. Judging by their activity in this thread so far, I don't think that phalanx soldiers will receive new armbadge =)

Hello Unisol, aren't you interested on integrating your logo on a flag or any 3D object ? This would surely be more convincing for any people involved in the graphics.

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:07 pm »
Ok here is a very fast sample. I must admit I see more charm in your symbols when applied even poorly as below on a concrete case. (I join the blender file (2.64), and here is a link to a very comprehensive texturing tutorial : http://asitssfl01.ase.tufts.edu/blackboard/DR21/ImageTextures.html)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:22:33 pm by krilain »

Offline Unisol

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »
I must admit I have no experience with 3d editors and was going just to slap logo over some existing render (as soon as i found time to do it). You've got ahead of me. Thanks.

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »
I must admit I have no experience with 3d editors and was going just to slap logo over some existing render (as soon as i found time to do it). You've got ahead of me. Thanks.
You can also do it with Gimp (not to say Photoshop). I don't know exactly how you work in general but if you prefere 2D you can anyway integrate your symbols onto 3D stuff usable ingame. To do that just follow this amateur trick using two GNU tools, Gimp2.8 and Misfit3D (as a viewer). I attached an illustration if you prefere pictures to verbs.

Ok, if it happens you missed some point with layers or distort "filter" tool in Gimp, just ask for the details - you will essentially need to use transparency for superimposing layers, distort and scale and then export to png. Ask also if you dont see where are the models, or for anything else.

I just want to add something I found about your symbols. Playing with transformation in order to make the picture below, I found that applying a polar transformation to one of your logo was giving an interesting result. I didn't try it for all of them this night but I think you would be interested in doing that and maybe use it as a base for new stuff? Ok lets see that later.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:06:11 pm by krilain »

Offline Unisol

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 11:36:30 am »
Ok, I tried to do what krilain suggested and here's what I've got:

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »
Hi there. I think this would worth test on some armors.

About your demo, the piece added at the "rotor" is not centered too much. If I can permit another little remark, maybe you could apply a light effect and some rust or something, that would make your piece a shape yet better integrated.