project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How to get the game to work?  (Read 5528 times)

Offline TheFadingSon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
How to get the game to work?
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:08:54 am »
Hello there. I have been trying to get UFO AI to work. I download it and it says not a commonly downloaded site. It only offers me to delete the game. I been trying for two days to try this game out. Can you offer any assistance?

Kind Regards,

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the game to work?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:11:27 am »
Hello there. I have been trying to get UFO AI to work. I download it and it says not a commonly downloaded site. It only offers me to delete the game. I been trying for two days to try this game out. Can you offer any assistance?

Kind Regards,

It is not the game's fault IMHO, maybe you OS or Antivirus software? Please write more detail, maybe attach a screenshot.

-geever

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:55:38 am »
You may want to try getting the 2.4 stable version from a torrent posted in this thread.

Offline TheFadingSon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »
This is the message i get when trying to download game :(

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »
Googled on the issue and found that an other software had this issue too...

The warning comes from some "SmartScreen Filter" security software of Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 9. The page says:

"Please note that <Software name> setup file does not have a digital signature and this can cause some security warnings in Internet Explorer and in Windows 8. In some cases, Internet Explorer 9 or Windows 8 SmartScreen Filter might pop up a warning stating that the setup file is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer. This happens because the setup file has not been digitally signed and the program has been recently updated."

If Win8/IE9 really judges a software only on its digital signature, it is really dumb... but who would expect professional solutions from a Microsoft product... :)

The site also describes how to override the warning:

http://www.winhelp.us/index.php/general-security/password-safe.html

-geever

Offline TheFadingSon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:48:19 am »
Hello all. Thanks to everyone that helped with my troubles trying to download game.

It was because microsoft is full of idiots and should be fired. lol

Thanks to everyone for the help and a really big thanks to Geever. The problem you said in this post above was spot on 100% correct damn microsoft :)

The game is pretty awesome. Something like X-Com UFO Defense but with many and new updates and options. LOVE IT!!!!!! Better then X-Com in my personal opinion 100%  :) thanks again all